FC?? not sure whats going on...

ItMightFly

So I recently bought the PyroDrone F4 OSD flight controller. And now it won't connect to my computer... I've downloaded all of the suggested drivers from BetaFlight, and the computer just does not see it. I feel that once I get the basics of FPV, everything else will kinda click...

Not only does the computer not see the board, but I can't see how to wire the OSD... This is my first OSD, and long over due.

I think I've gotten all my other stuff all wired up right... Just having trouble with those two things: Hooking it up to PC, and Rigging up the OSD

Thanks guys!
1526096039290.png

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
The video signal from you camera goes to the Cam_S pad (top left) and the video in wire on the VTX goes to the VID pad (bottom left).

You’ll also have to power and ground the camera and VTX to avoid interference, but those two pads are what’s necessary to get the OSD in your FPV feed.

Share some pictures of how you have it wired and we may be able to help.

When you plug in the FC to usb, does it light up? For drivers, I always have great luck with the Impulse RC Driver Fixer Tool. Run the app and plug in the FC. https://impulserc.com/pages/downloads

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If the computer isn't seeing the FC at all, it's usually due to a cable problem. Many cables are for charging only, and don't have the data wires.

ItMightFly

If the computer isn't seeing the FC at all, it's usually due to a cable problem. Many cables are for charging only, and don't have the data wires.

Hey! Sean, your right! I swapped the cable, and it worked.

The video signal from you camera goes to the Cam_S pad (top left) and the video in wire on the VTX goes to the VID pad (bottom left).

You’ll also have to power and ground the camera and VTX to avoid interference, but those two pads are what’s necessary to get the OSD in your FPV feed.

Share some pictures of how you have it wired and we may be able to help.

When you plug in the FC to usb, does it light up? For drivers, I always have great luck with the Impulse RC Driver Fixer Tool. Run the app and plug in the FC. https://impulserc.com/pages/downloads

Hey French! The OSD is working!
--
Thanks guys for all the help. Hopefully now I have a better understanding of how quads work now. Hopefully I can teach some other people! Thanks guys!