Help! FC Won't connect to cleanflight

JasonO

I was trying to open my fc(I am using a Naze32) in cleanflight. It said my firmware was outdated which I was not surprised by so I went through the process and had multiple issues. Where I have ended up is using v2.5 of cleanflight I am able to flash v2.5 firmware to my naze but then I go to connect and it just opens and closes the serial port and does not connect. I have already tried older versions of cleanflight, I have tried using different USB cables, and have tried using old versions of betaflight that still suported Naze fc's. Please help I have been troubleshooting this for some time and have come too far to just buy a new fc. Thanks

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Make sure your boot pads aren't still shorted. Failing that, try reinstalling the CP210 drivers.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I hate to sound like Jim from tech support, but have you tried rebooting your PC? 99% of connection problems are from windows messing with the drivers.

There is the driver fixer tool available here, but I think it's more for the VCP that F3's and beyond use. Can't hurt to try it.

JasonO

I hate to sound like Jim from tech support, but have you tried rebooting your PC? 99% of connection problems are from windows messing with the drivers.

There is the driver fixer tool available here, but I think it's more for the VCP that F3's and beyond use. Can't hurt to try it.
Restarted, still didn't connect, just get "no configuration found after 10 seconds". Tried that driver fixer and it just searched for device infinitely. Thanks again for responding.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
When you flashed, did you do a full chip erase? Definitely necessary unless you're just doing minor version upgrades.

FDS

Elite member
I would just save yourself frustration and spend $30 on a Matek F405 All in One instead. Eliminates the PDB, works, great documentation and more powerful. Sometimes it’s just not worth the hassle of making old inferior gear work.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I would just save yourself frustration and spend $30 on a Matek F405 All in One instead. Eliminates the PDB, works, great documentation and more powerful. Sometimes it’s just not worth the hassle of making old inferior gear work.

Ahh, but the satisfaction you get when it finally comes together... :D

FDS

Elite member
Is greater when it flies better, more reliably and didn’t cost you all your hair and patience to get working?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Is greater when it flies better, more reliably and didn’t cost you all your hair and patience to get working?

Personally, I'd rather spend time on something I have than spend money replacing something that probably still works. But I love figuring out and fixing things, and I am pretty cheap ;)