FDM-MBC Tormekian Armored Corvette by FoamyDM

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Miyazaki Self-build Challenge

I will be starting the build with Nausicaä if the Valley of the Wind's Tormekian Armored Corvette.
TolmekianCorvette.jpg

A 3d model
TolmekianCorvette2Etsy.jpg

Various Sketches.
Tolmekian CorvetteSketch.jpg
Tolmekian Corvette.jpg

This Build log will be to document the design and construction with a maiden flight at least. if successful, it will be places on the resource list. I am designing this to be a small prop unit. possible 3" units where the engines go in the vertical fins. or one in bigger one. (B-pack 8") in the rear as a pusher.

Here is the initial design drawings
TolmekianCorvettePlanA0.1.PNG
From these I can figure out my suspected lift capacity and type of craft.

Attachments

• TolmekianCorvette.pdf
    238.3 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is that an LS1 corvette or old school 427 corvette... ;) Im thinkin LS1 with the squared back end.

skymaster

Elite member
nice can it be scale to take a 6x4 prop's and use the guts from a drone while hooking up a rear 6x4 connected to the rear drone motors. technically make it into a drone with a pusher prop at the rear. and put the motor on the wings and keep the verticals for landing. just a suggestinon.

FoamyDM

nice can it be scale to take a 6x4 prop's and use the guts from a drone while hooking up a rear 6x4 connected to the rear drone motors. technically make it into a drone with a pusher prop at the rear. and put the motor on the wings and keep the verticals for landing. just a suggestinon.
That's a thought, and a direction I didn't expect. I think it will fly much like the battleship did. But a bit more nimble.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I owned that movie on VHS. I always thought the aircraft were too ponderous to actually fly. They seemed like all weight and no lift. What an exciting project, if you get this to work! :)

Vimana89

Legendary member
I just built a really basic tandem wing stick plane that flies well, so I know the concept works well enough. The CG I used was just a tiny bit behind the trailing edge of the front wing. Mine also has the wings in line at the same height, however, they are a good bit further apart to avoid air flow issues. Maybe try this model scale at first, but if you end up with bad stall tendencies and bungled air flow, the solution is to extend the distance between the wings by adding a little more fuselage mid section length. Looking forward to this one👍

FoamyDM

I just built a really basic tandem wing stick plane that flies well, so I know the concept works well enough. The CG I used was just a tiny bit behind the trailing edge of the front wing. Mine also has the wings in line at the same height, however, they are a good bit further apart to avoid air flow issues. Maybe try this model scale at first, but if you end up with bad stall tendencies and bungled air flow, the solution is to extend the distance between the wings by adding a little more fuselage mid section length. Looking forward to this one👍
awesome! Thank you for your experience.