February iis FT-Build-ruary Month!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
well you an I can do a challenge for sure... maybe we a FT - April Showers Build Challenge.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
well you an I can do a challenge for sure... maybe we a FT - April Showers Build Challenge.

how about this challenge: i try to build a flapjack. haha. or really just anything that you build. that would be a challenge for me.

OH! OH! idea for april showers: you have to build a water plane. so maybe 2 planes? or maybe any plane but you have to waterproof it. and fly in the rain. never mind that would be too hard bc some people cant get to a body of water to fly on.

FoamyDM

how about this challenge: i try to build a flapjack. haha. or really just anything that you build. that would be a challenge for me.

OH! OH! idea for april showers: you have to build a water plane. so maybe 2 planes? or maybe any plane but you have to waterproof it. and fly in the rain. never mind that would be too hard bc some people cant get to a body of water to fly on.

With your rain idea, all you need is a rainy day! I will have to say that the items required to WP it right aren't expensive, but they are extra to the standard build equipment.

The waterbody-surfing is a bonus.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
With your rain idea, all you need is a rainy day! I will have to say that the items required to WP it right aren't expensive, but they are extra to the standard build equipment.

The waterbody-surfing is a bonus.

ocean flying!!!! extreme rc sport!! like flying a quad under a train but without the train or quad and with the ocean and seagulls and a plane.

FoamyDM

i have made some progress on the V2 of the Vampire. it now features a swapable pod or edf unit... inquire within for details.

V1 is in the foreground, and the V2 is in the back... I have lot's of plan tweaks for sure... some ideas were sound. some weren't.

10 V1 vs V2.JPG

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Two Days left. :)

How are we all Looking?

For me, I think it's time to get the goal posts ready, because I'm gonna have to punt.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I'm looking pretty good, 3 builds out of 2 isn't bad:cool: I had a great time with this and I can't wait for next years build-ruary!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor

How are we all Looking?

For me, I think it's time to get the goal posts ready, because I'm gonna have to punt.

I'm as done as I am going to be.

2 Barons, 1 Arrow, 1 Tiny trainer, 0 Diamonds, 0 C-130s.
4 Successful maidens, 0 videos to prove it.

Can't believe we are rolling straight into March Madness!

Please, please don't come up with an irresistible challenge for April!

DamoRC

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate

How are we all Looking?

haw are we looking, hu..?... hmmm.. well, as usually i overestimated my time and ability to stay focused and not waste time and.. well..... no maidens yet. only one plane close to being finished. umm.... i signed up for 5 so not going too well. haha. All in fun though!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I'm as done as I am going to be.

2 Barons, 1 Arrow, 1 Tiny trainer, 0 Diamonds, 0 C-130s.
4 Successful maidens, 0 videos to prove it.

Can't believe we are rolling straight into March Madness!

Please, please don't come up with an irresistible challenge for April!

DamoRC

well we were thinking april showers. waterproof plane? water plane? fly in the rain challenge?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
A quick question about the water plane, doe it actually have to operate on water/in rain? I don't have any waterproof foam board as of yet so could I just do a seaplane but out of normal Adam's board?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Sea planes from Adams Foam Board work just fine with a couple techniques.

One way is to peel off all the paper before gluing it together. A little trickier to get the joints to line up, but perfectly fine for use in the water then.

Second way is to build like normal but hit it with several thin coats of WBPU (water based poly urethane) either spray or brush on. Got to go very light on the first couple coats so the foam board doesn't warp on you. This technique will get you a plane that will fly from the water for a little while, but won't last as long as peeling all the paper out first. Other drawback is it adds weight, and depending on the design that can hurt performance.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Sea planes from Adams Foam Board work just fine with a couple techniques.

One way is to peel off all the paper before gluing it together. A little trickier to get the joints to line up, but perfectly fine for use in the water then.

Second way is to build like normal but hit it with several thin coats of WBPU (water based poly urethane) either spray or brush on. Got to go very light on the first couple coats so the foam board doesn't warp on you. This technique will get you a plane that will fly from the water for a little while, but won't last as long as peeling all the paper out first. Other drawback is it adds weight, and depending on the design that can hurt performance.

what are some good techniques to take off the paper without it warping?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
wait a second..... i just realized.... TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!! oops. time got ahead of me there. so can all my unfinished planes just roll over into march madness? lol. i will still get the build time lapses up but its not looking good for the maidens haha. although.... today is good weather....