February iis FT-Build-ruary Month!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Well if I include the one I almost completed I might be able to get four, but with how my car and the weather have been acting I might only be able to get 2 done. Is it okay if I shoot for 4 and if I only get two get scored for my age category? If not that's fine.

FTFC: FT-Build-ruary by Foam Test - The Prototypes
(Build skill: Mixed 1-3 Pilot Skill: Mixed 1-3

1. The Discovery V2
2. Bloody Mustang
3. Micro Motor Glider (Still in design phase)
4. Micro FT Flyer (also in design phase)

Absolutely - Shoot for the Sky - Should I note it as a Youth Entry?
Entry Added! Even better that they are Prototypes!

Welcome Aboard.... Tonight at midnight, the CONTEST Begins!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Ill start this weekend if I can fix my car on friday, could this be an entry if I can make it fly? It has taken up so much of my editing/building time.

FoamyDM

Yep. I'll be ready to start at midnight NC time also :cool:

DamoRC

HAHA, Yes, if I can start at 9 tonight too! ;)

I can't wait to get this going!

Ill start this weekend if I can fix my car on friday, could this be an entry if I can make it fly? It has taken up so much of my editing/building time.

If you get your car to FLY, you win hands down! :D (you'd be ahead of that Little Tikes flyer FT is working on!)
good luck either way!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Well if the engine is not what goes on the car I might try and use that for a plane, would that count? Maybe a Pietenpol?

FoamyDM

In my book Yes, Just document it for us to all vicariously live though you.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Okay sounds good! Well there is a small block v8 that needs to be completely rebuilt in my garage, maybe I could build a 3/4 mustang and drop that in there. My step father would be mad though, he wants that for his hot rod one day lol, I guess we all have dreams.

FoamyDM

PlansSide.JPG
GettingReady.JPG
Let the building commence!

Last edited:

FoamyDM

There's still time!

It's still early, anyone else want to join? I mean they don't have to be fancy. just built.

FoamyDM

X-29 plans are mounted and ready for cutting.

How about everyone else?

RMDC

I'm only planning on one build this month, so I'm not going to join, but I'll be following along in spirit for sure. :)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
wait so do we have to design our own planes to build or just build any? do they have to be power pack A/F? how is this judged? how do I enter? soooo many questions... will they get answered?

edit: and do they have to fly? can it just be a controlled glider or does it have to be a fully functional motorized plane?

Last edited:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Correct. See my Build Log here as an example. I make sure to link the entry header line to the build thread for people to follow.

im new to the forum so.... link header? is this the build thread? or we create a thread that we post our builds in... so one for each build or one for all of them? and we link our thread in this thread.... or link our multiple threads...

so i go to the bloody WWII thread, pick 4 designs, create 4 threads (one for each build), link them here, and build them the best i can before the end of the month?

and they get judged on what criteria?
also do they have to be completely in flying condition with a motor and all or can i just make a glider?
should i paint them up nice?
how much do i have to document in the thread i create?
where do i create my threads for the builds?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I have my Discovery V2 completely operational and worked out most of the design flaws with it, I'll try and get doublecad to work on my crappy school laptop, and if so, will begin designing the motor glider. Also the Bloody mustang is pretty much done it just has to fly. Then Ill design the micro Flyer. And by some odd chance I finish early I'll design a micro flying wing.

FoamyDM

Welcome!

im new to the forum so.... link header? is this the build thread? or we create a thread that we post our builds in... so one for each build or one for all of them? and we link our thread in this thread.... or link our multiple threads...

so i go to the bloody WWII thread, pick 4 designs, create 4 threads (one for each build), link them here, and build them the best i can before the end of the month?

and they get judged on what criteria?
also do they have to be completely in flying condition with a motor and all or can i just make a glider?
should i paint them up nice?
how much do i have to document in the thread i create?
where do i create my threads for the builds?

Let me first welcome you to the forum here. :applause:
I found it to be a very encouraging creative and supportive group who are excited to see everyone enjoy this mad-cap hobby made popularly accessible by Flite Test here.

All they questions are answered in the first post. I think.

One entry post in the challenge thread. Link it to your challenge build thread detailing your 4(+) builds.
The planes can be whatever your wish, but we need to see the maiden.
Paint is not needed put is 3 points. I think everyone enjoys a colored plane vs. a plane white bird.
Ultimately up to you. A handful of pics showing your progress. And any special details you add is a good.
Either in this FT Challenge group, or mad-scratch builders thread. (as long as you link, it doesn't matter THAT much).

Most importantly - HAVE FUN!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I have my Discovery V2 completely operational and worked out most of the design flaws with it, I'll try and get doublecad to work on my crappy school laptop, and if so, will begin designing the motor glider. Also the Bloody mustang is pretty much done it just has to fly. Then Ill design the micro Flyer. And by some odd chance I finish early I'll design a micro flying wing.

cant wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited: