February iis FT-Build-ruary Month!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Yay!

I would like to thank the members of the Academy....oh wait, wrong speech.

A single point difference - wow - that was close.

A lot of fun, but let's not do it again.....until next February!

Thanks guys!

DamoRC

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
@Daniel Kezar - I saw the Build video. I love it. I have to be honest that your score isn't as high. 2 big reasons. no General Pics, Maidens or color for either builds. Please don't let that discourage you. I can't wait to see these finished.

Going through the point system. I should have broken out the scoring better for the Build-log (6pts) and the Maiden Vid

Build Log (6pts)
0 - Build log, I was supposed to do that?
1 - a Picture of the finished model. little description
2 - A decent description of how you put it together with a note about your experience with a picture of the final product
3 - Some Pics (1 start, 3 middle [cuts and assemblage], 1 final) with final model, little to no Descriptions
4 - Many of pics, descriptions for most and note for interesting bits. Hiccups, and hard parts.
5 - Documentation of the whole process little description or a great description with a few highlight pictures
6 - Full documentation with descriptive text and specific pics and verbiage describing methods and unique or custom modifications or mods to the plan for better construction, So others building will have a leg up.

I allow for partial Points for partial completion.

Color (3 pts)
0 - none
1 - Stripe or two or a logo
2 - one solid color
3 - solid color with stripes, decals or details

Maiden (4pts)
0 - None
1 - Verbal
2 - Vid, No flight
3 - Vid, meh Flight
4 - Vid and success or documented crash

OOOHHHHHH i get it now. will be sure to over-do everything next time. pictures, timelapse, descriptions, everything. it was my first challenge so i didnt really get it.

not having seen the actual results yet, i give myself a 1 for the whole thing lol. i only think i got the 1 because i had a timelapse and unfinished pictures.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
After announcing the results of the Challenge I received a message from DamoRC himself asking to share the winnings with The other Challengers.

Foamtest and Daniel Kezar, Please let me know what Full-sized Plan Set or Skin you would like me to Print and send you. Then PM me your mailing address so I can get them over.

The Trophy is still being finalized and will be announced soon! so stay tuned.
And Congratulations again to DamoRC.

congrats to Damo!

@DamoRC thank you for being so generous!

@FoamyDM are you sure this is no trouble?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
congrats to Damo!

@DamoRC thank you for being so generous!

@FoamyDM are you sure this is no trouble?

No need to thank me. I know that this was something FoamyDM was going to do anyway. Just happened that we were on the same page.

DamoRC

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I am an engineer and have access to large scale plotters, so there is not a plan set that isn't too big. The Explorer is just fine.

Yeah I cringed watching you and FoamTest meticulously cutting and taping the plans together, As I think DamoRC did too. :)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I am an engineer and have access to large scale plotters, so there is not a plan set that isn't too big. The Explorer is just fine.

Yeah I cringed watching you and FoamTest meticulously cutting and taping the plans together, As I think DamoRC did too. :)

heheh you do what you gotta do! the plans take about 1/3 of any build. another 1/3 being cutting out pieces and then the final 1/3 is assembly. (all approximations, of course)

i will email you my address via gmail. shipping via USPS standard i assume?

thank you again!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Yeah I hate taping plans together, that’s why I like micros, they are so small that I don’t need to tape any plans. :cool: