FF 2016 is pilots meeting mandatory?

rexion

I am registerd as a pilot at FF 2016 and was wondering if the pilots meeting is mandintory to fly. I will not be able to make it to FF at 8am Thursday.

Corbarrad

I am registerd as a pilot at FF 2016 and was wondering if the pilots meeting is mandintory to fly. I will not be able to make it to FF at 8am Thursday.

Since there are single day pilot passes available I assume the meeting is not mandatory.
Common sense should suffice. When in doubt seek out one of the volunteers manning the flight line.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
There are meetings every morning. Find a Volunteer in an orange shirt if you have any questions and they will find you an answer.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
My wife just asked me this, thanks for the info. We're staying nearby, and I'm used to getting up early, but Wifey and 3-yr-old Sonny are still on CA-time. :)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
While I am not there due to unforeseen emergency home repairs, I will tell you from the last two years the pilots meeting is more for a reminder of rules for the flight line, who a couple key people are I.E. who is in charge of the flight line and first aid (I was supposed to be), and basic info for the day. Otherwise follow the rules by the entrance to each flying area and you will be ok.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
It was a little more then that. I was there. I've been the First Aid lead for the last two year and would have been this year but home repairs forced me to stay home this year. All you have to remember is this. Follow flight line rules, keep props off in the build tent, and fly smart and you will be ok.