FF 2018 Built FT Blunt Nose Versa Wing - Finally up and flying

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This craft I brought plans to FF 2018 and Built FT Blunt Nose Versa Wing with my brother right after. but I didn't have the CG marks, I tried it a few times in the fall, failed, and put it away. This time i decided to chuck it how I thought it would b balance and found a good start point.
Yesterday I got this up and flying.
I hope to take some time to get it pretty too.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
You had a busy day yesterday and it looked like a great flight. It seems like you have either got it properly balanced or very close thereto.

Now you can give it an identity using your artistic skills!

Have fun!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Thank and I will.
As the lift force aft of the CG the faster it would moved the nose would go Down,what does that say about the weight.?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The only real way to determine if you have the CG point correct is to try and stall it at height with full up elevator. Ideally just cut the throttle and feed in up elevator to keep the wing level.

If it wanders from side to side or drops a wing then the CG is too far aft. If it seems to bounce the nose up and down it is too nose heavy. If it just sinks slowly or bounces the nose extremely slightly then the CG is spot on!.

Once the CG is sorted then adjust the elevon reflex angle for level flight and that is it.

If the reflex angle is too high it means that the wing is very heavy for its design and area and if the reflex is somewhat extreme then the wing is close to being overloaded.

I hope that answers your question!

have fun!