FF 2020 dates?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
maybe they will decide they're not too busy and come out west this year? :unsure:

hint, hint,... ;)

As much as I'd like that to happen, the question that has been asked before and will continue to be asked is, "Where???" Trying to find a location that's big enough to house everyone, allow camping, and not have a problem with flying, is something of a logistical nightmare. They had Flight Fest West at an old fairgrounds that has since been demolished; I'm not sure where they might have it if they do a West Coast-ish Flight Fest...

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
A while ago flite test did a fly in at baylands park. I’m not sure if it will be big enough for the amount of people that will be there, but it’s still pretty big. The big problem would be camping though, but there are parts of baylands that I have not seen before so there might be camping areas.

sprzout

Mentor
A while ago flite test did a fly in at baylands park. I’m not sure if it will be big enough for the amount of people that will be there, but it’s still pretty big. The big problem would be camping though, but there are parts of baylands that I have not seen before so there might be camping areas.

Baylands Park in Sunnyvale, CA? I can't see them allowing 100+ pilots flying out there, and there's no way the city would allow camping there. I mean, shoot - my field in San Diego has about the same amount of space as Baylands Park does, and we still wouldn't have enough space for us to pull off anything like Flight Fest, not with camping, build tents, power, etc.

Believe me, I would LOVE for there to be a Flight Fest West. I REALLY want one. But where do you do it, that will allow a couple hundred people to descend on the location and not have to worry about things like people accidentally flying over the freeway, or being able to contain a lipo fire quickly if one should go up? Flight Fest in Malvern this past year had multiple reports of people losing planes in the fields, or crashing out by the camping areas. We just have to figure out a location that will allow the safety risks to be kept to a minimum...

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
, the question that has been asked before and will continue to be asked is, "Where???" Trying to find a location that's big enough to house everyone, allow camping, and not have a problem with flying,
We have multiple locations for Flite Fest Midwest. Some where in IL, IA or MO. Where the tall corn grows.

JTarmstr

Elite member
We have multiple locations for Flite Fest Midwest. Some where in IL, IA or MO. Where the tall corn grows.

Yeah, where I live in Missouri there are so many fields that I am sure they could find one to rent, a lot of the fields here are rented out for farming anyways. also UAS laws aren't that strict, yet anyways. Never had anyone bug me about my planes anyways.

sprzout

Mentor

That's great for the people going to fly in the Midwest, but I'd still like another Flight Fest West, out on the west coast...