Flite Risk

It's been 2021 for about 15 seconds now. Normally this post is written with excitement and expectation requesting the dates of the next Flite Fest from the powers-that-be who make public the dates for this years Flite Fest.

We would normally be looking forward to making the pilgrimage to Ohio for the purpose of gathering with a couple thousand of our closest RC Enthusiast friends and family.

To set an example I will refrain from my normal New Year's Flite Fest request for a dates.

I love you all so much I would rather we all sit Flite Fest 2021 out so we all stay safe and will be around for Flite Fest 2022.

We got to play the long game and be patient on this one friends.

This is not a political statement but a realistic expectation of what is necessary to keep people I love as safe as possible so we can all be around as long as possible and then build as many planes as possible :)

if you're lonely through this pandemic remember the table is your friend.

tesseract

Master member
It's been 2021 for about 15 seconds now. Normally this post is written with excitement and expectation requesting the dates of the next Flite Fest from the powers-that-be who make public the dates for this years Flite Fest.

We would normally be looking forward to making the pilgrimage to Ohio for the purpose of gathering with a couple thousand of our closest RC Enthusiast friends and family.

To set an example I will refrain from my normal New Year's Flite Fest request for a dates.

I love you all so much I would rather we all sit Flite Fest 2021 out so we all stay safe and will be around for Flite Fest 2022.

This is not a political statement but a realistic expectation of what is necessary to keep people I love as safe as possible so we can all be around as long as possible and then build as many planes as possible :)

We should tell FF to broadcast this on TV or Youtube or somthing

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

I honestly feel the same way. There's a LOT going on right now that might kill something like FF, too - the RemoteID, political dissent (I don't care what side you're on, but riots and violence are no good for anyone), the virus spreading like wildfire again...I just don't think it's something we can have happen this year.

b-29er

I think its still appropriate to plan for it, even if the times demand that it gets cancelled again. There are multiple covid vaccines being distributed as we speak with targets for enough doses for complete innoculation before july. And considering FF gets held in a town of ~1100 people, riots are a non-factor, especially projecting out to July after an election.

I know we're all a bit scared, 2020 was a *this comment is not remotely family friendly*, and we've gotten used to not seeing each other, but projecting out seven months to say we should cancel FF seems shortsighted. The plans should at least be on the table until there's enough credible evidence that in July there will still be enough of a threat that a large gathering would endanger the safety of the people, or a government mandate will be in effect to make a gathering of FF's size illegal.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Given silly humanz proclivity for stupid I am thinking the Corona virus will have to resurge and mutate at least two more times before it actually filters thru to people this ain't no gubment joke of media hype so Im thinking sadly 2021 is going to be as bad or worse as 2020 about anything public gathering wise.

There are simply too many humanz of lesser intelligence and until that part of the herd is thinned out the rest of us are stuck. HOPEFULLY another pandemic of another sickness does not start before this one ends with the over population in super cites where a lot of this comes from. Its the way of the future I hate to say.

Its like deer herds. They over breed, the land cant support them, disease and famine come about. The herd thins back and the stronger ones who made it thru move on to start the whole process again.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Given silly humanz proclivity for stupid I am thinking the Corona virus will have to resurge and mutate at least two more times before it actually filters thru to people this ain't no gubment joke of media hype so Im thinking sadly 2021 is going to be as bad or worse as 2020 about anything public gathering wise.

There are simply too many humanz of lesser intelligence and until that part of the herd is thinned out the rest of us are stuck. HOPEFULLY another pandemic of another sickness does not start before this one ends with the over population in super cites where a lot of this comes from. Its the way of the future I hate to say.

Its like deer herds. They over breed, the land cant support them, disease and famine come about. The herd thins back and the stronger ones who made it thru move on to start the whole process again.
At the beginning they said that a third of the population would get it and while that's a large number there is a chance that it isn't too far off. Luckily I live in a part of California where people normally follow rules about this stuff and are smart enough to know that the entire world isn't lying to them and there is, in fact, a global pandemic. I hope that at least in my area things become better after the vaccine comes out, but I doubt things would get better for everybody in time for FF. I think that 2021 won't be as bad as 2020, but I might be wrong if those mutated viruses start to spread.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Well now... I just got an email and FF2021 IS ON!!!

Cheers!
LitterBug
And last but not least, Flite Fest 2021 will be a reality!
The event dates are July 15th-18th. This flying family has been apart too long and we need a reunion FliteTest style. More details are to come, but please know we will do our best to address the current realities of our time while working hard to make it the best event ever! Mark your calendars, charge your batteries, and let your families and friends know "We Fly in July"! Stay tuned for updates and ticket sales.

Last edited:

tesseract

Master member
Well now... I just got an email and FF2021 IS ON!!!

Cheers!
LitterBug

And last but not least, Flite Fest 2021 will be a reality!
The event dates are July 15th-18th. This flying family has been apart too long and we need a reunion FliteTest style. More details are to come, but please know we will do our best to address the current realities of our time while working hard to make it the best event ever! Mark your calendars, charge your batteries, and let your families and friends know "We Fly in July"! Stay tuned for updates and ticket sales.
Thank you for sharing this because it says its unlisted!! i am excited

Captain Video

I got my email on friday. I am Pumped! My sons and I will be there an I hope you will be as well! We must forllow the Covid guidelines of course. My wife and I am part of the PFizor Covid Vaccinationtion Testing program. We have been around people who tested positive and not a symptom for us. Because of that I am confident that we can have asuccessful FF21.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ill have to look at current email.. FT might still be mailing things to who ever hacked my old account hehe.. Ohhh Id LOVE to meet them IRL somewhere... ya think who ever did it would come to FF and say hi?

Captain Video

Fellow Flite Testers
I checked the Flite Fest 21 site this afternoon. While seeing that nothing had changed, the page refreshed and registration went live! Get you pilot and camping registrations while they are hot!! I will have mine tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone again social distancing applies. Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat!!!!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Fellow Flite Testers
I checked the Flite Fest 21 site this afternoon. While seeing that nothing had changed, the page refreshed and registration went live! Get you pilot and camping registrations while they are hot!! I will have mine tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone again social distancing applies. Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat!!!!

YES SIR!!! So stoked for this! Cant wait to see you all there! There will be more updates coming on the FF website like schedule and layout etc soon! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Link here: https://www.flitefest.com/ohio-register/

Blessings,
FT Team