FF2017 Int. Race Pace Plane: Beck-Mahoney Sorceress

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I could have indeed, but the local reprographics did a fine job of plotting it out on an Architectural E size sheet:

864.JPG

To put it in perspective . . . one of those 4S6600 packs RMRC was selling last year . . .

865.JPG

Which fits in the fuselage like it was designed to go there :eek:

1/6 scale . . . It's still hitting me just how big she'll be.

Wilsonman, what have you gotten me into?!?

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I've gotten you into some fun building! I've got two more of those batteries as a backup for you ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Sad to say, I ran out of time and other responsibilities I had in prep for FFOH starved the project of the attention it needed to finish. I don't consider the project failed or abandoned . . . It's more on the backburner.

Occasionally I do think over how I can approach some things more effectively . . . But for now, she's biding her time, waiting for me to put her back on the build schedule.

GMalatrasi

Sad to say, I ran out of time and other responsibilities I had in prep for FFOH starved the project of the attention it needed to finish. I don't consider the project failed or abandoned . . . It's more on the backburner.

Occasionally I do think over how I can approach some things more effectively . . . But for now, she's biding her time, waiting for me to put her back on the build schedule.
That's understandable, I'm at a similar point in my build as well.
I look forward to seeing more of this when you get to it!

Jeffory

Hate to wake up a zombie thread, but in your research have you ever come across any decent cockpit photos? I'm starting a 3D model of this aircraft for the X-Plane 11 flight simulator and have had 0 luck finding any photos or description of the cockpit/instruments.

jfaleo1

Hate to wake up a zombie thread, but in your research have you ever come across any decent cockpit photos? I'm starting a 3D model of this aircraft for the X-Plane 11 flight simulator and have had 0 luck finding any photos or description of the cockpit/instruments.
I’ll see if I have something but it is spartan for sure, artificial horizon, compass, airspeed, altitude, com radio. Doubt it is much more.

jfaleo1

Not even a Comm. best I’ve got, put the question on an air racing group I belong to on Facebook.

Raven1962

Yet another reawakening of the zombie thread...

Has she made it into the air yet?

Are the files available for others to build with? If so, I'd like a set to study and possibly do something with. Hate to see it disappear down the rabbit hole.