FFE 2019 dates?

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
As is probably tradition by now, is there still nothing planned for us european peoples? We might have to take matter into our own hands if that continues :cool:

Where would it be held? The UK and Germany seem to be hotbeds of RC activity, but the weather seems really horrible except for the summer time. Spring and Fall seem to be the preferred times for the FF that is not in Ohio.

South of Spain?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
My contacts in Germany and the UK have let me know that doing such event there would be rather hard, apparently you can't have more than a few pilots in the air at once in Germany. France has some pretty average laws but I think it isnt required to be in a club or have any kind of license to fly so it could probably be doable here, if in a private property. I don't think anyone in france actually applies any of the laws, peoples are are pretty relax.
Idk about the laws in Spain but being french, I vote for my country so I have less to drive.

Windwolf183

My contacts in Germany and the UK have let me know that doing such event there would be rather hard, apparently you can't have more than a few pilots in the air at once in Germany. France has some pretty average laws but I think it isnt required to be in a club or have any kind of license to fly so it could probably be doable here, if in a private property. I don't think anyone in france actually applies any of the laws, peoples are are pretty relax.
Idk about the laws in Spain but being french, I vote for my country so I have less to drive.

has anyone talked to David? he might have some good insight for organizing something there...

BorisTheSpider

Just FF Ohio so far that I know of:

FFdates.PNG

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Just FF Ohio so far that I know of:

View attachment 122881

This makes me think that this will likely be the only FliteFest this year. :( I want to say that early Feb. 2018 was when we heard about Flight Fest East and Flight Fest Texas.

I'd STILL love something on the West Coast, but I haven't a clue where we could pull it off - although, the AMA DID have flying at the Pomona Fairgrounds this year, so maybe, JUST maybe, that could be a future Flite Fest location for a weekend???

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I think they're going to be real focused on getting there new location setup, So my guess would be that they are just going to do East this year. Thoughts???

Hopefully I'll be able to make to FF this year being in Minnesota, Ohio isn't super far away.

JennyC6

Elite member
It'd be wonderful if they did a stop in mid-TN, but I might be able to make Ohio work.

Any rules on power systems used in the aircraft? If I do come up there everything I fly is gonna be glow powered. Might bring a glow car or two up there as well.

kdobson83

Wait, so July 11-14th for the Ohio FliteFest? Is this confirmed? I need to out in for Vacation and get a hotel.

Dante

It'd be wonderful if they did a stop in mid-TN, but I might be able to make Ohio work.

Any rules on power systems used in the aircraft? If I do come up there everything I fly is gonna be glow powered. Might bring a glow car or two up there as well.
I'm pretty sure that they only allow electric other than a few gassers in the demo events.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Would be nice for the FT crew (@fliteadmin) to confirm if there is only one FF this year. Totally understand that any FF not close to their base is a huge undertaking but the earlier we know the earlier we can (a) get over it and (b) figure out if OH is feasible.

JennyC6

Elite member
I'm pretty sure that they only allow electric other than a few gassers in the demo events.
I don't believe gas/glow is allowed except for approved demo teams.

That's a shame, then. No point in me worrying about trying to head up there, as I only fly ICE. I have some electric surface stuff, but as far as flight is concerned, if it doesn't burn something to move it probably doesn't have a home in my hangar. Nothin' against electric but it just doesn't interest/excite me like engines do.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
That's a shame, then. No point in me worrying about trying to head up there, as I only fly ICE. I have some electric surface stuff, but as far as flight is concerned, if it doesn't burn something to move it probably doesn't have a home in my hangar. Nothin' against electric but it just doesn't interest/excite me like engines do.

Well don't take MY word for it, shoot a question to the FT crew on FB or Instagram for clarification, especially if it means going/not-going for you.

JennyC6

Elite member
Well don't take MY word for it, shoot a question to the FT crew on FB or Instagram for clarification, especially if it means going/not-going for you.
I'll look into it, but I don't use either of those platforms. I really don't have anything else worth bringing there...maybe my CA-10 scale truck could run around on the ground as a target for bomb drops or tow aircraft onto and off of the flight line, or perhaps the micro heli I've got. But it seems like an awful lot of faff to deal with just to fly a 7" diameter helicopter.

I'm sure the FT crew would get a kick out of my nitro Spear project, and I'd be happy to let 'em fly it. It should be airworthy well in time for FTOH, I've already got the airframe built and I'll have enough parts in within the next week to get it flyable.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'll look into it, but I don't use either of those platforms. I really don't have anything else worth bringing there...maybe my CA-10 scale truck could run around on the ground as a target for bomb drops or tow aircraft onto and off of the flight line, or perhaps the micro heli I've got. But it seems like an awful lot of faff to deal with just to fly a 7" diameter helicopter.

I'm sure the FT crew would get a kick out of my nitro Spear project, and I'd be happy to let 'em fly it. It should be airworthy well in time for FTOH, I've already got the airframe built and I'll have enough parts in within the next week to get it flyable.

You could always bring a slimer and coordinate a demo, but build a FT foamboard electric kit at the event and tear it up in the combats! Lots of people who fly in to the event do this - just bring a radio and some receivers and pickup the foamboard kit and FT power pack there. Lots of people in the build tent (including me) to borrow some hot glue and tools from. And then if you don't want to take the electronics home with you, just gift 'em to some kid running around with their first plane and make their day. :D