Field Box

OK, I'll start off....

I'll assume batteries are contained in a separate box (like the ammo can I use for battery transport), as is your radio equipment. Also assuming that you are flying FT-style foam-board models.

That said, here are the contents of my box:
Packing tape
Propellers (lots of propellers)
Spare prop-saver rubber gaskets (if using them, of course)
Rubber bands (for wing hold-downs)
Appropriate tools:
- Allen (hex) wrenches for adjusting linkage stoppers
- Other wrenches as needed for changing props
- Several sizes of phillips and flathead screwdrivers
- Razor knife
- Glue for field repairs
Trainer cable for your transmitter? (you never know when you might have the opportunity to use it)
Additional stickers (with contact info, AMA#, FAA#) to place in the airplane if one falls out
Your FAA registration certificate (sad that we need that, but....)

If flying multi-rotors:
- MANY more propellers
- Spare screws and other appropriate hardware
- Spare booms
- Spare tail servo if flying a tri-copter
- Add a few more props

Other add-ons will vary if you are flying balsa models, or using FPV.

slyke

Addtional items

I'll add to the list...

Bind plug
Extra self-adhesive velcro
Battery checker
Prop bushings / prop reamer

-Stephen

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
A trash bag for not if but when you accidently land your aircraft into a dozen pieces. Also nice to have a trash bag in case you happen upon some litter and want to clean up the field. Another possibly overkill thing to do, and I forget who said it, is to put a small trash bag in the plane so when it crashes the bag is right there.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Don't forget the water, band-aids, sunscreen, snacks, hat, sunglasses. Maybe not in the field box, but definitely in a cooler or go-bag. Sucks to get hurt, hungry, or dehydrated at the field and need to cut a perfectly good day of flying short.

HilldaFlyer

Insect repellent.

I have BBQ Skewers with colorful tape on the end to mark the crash site in case I need to go back and look for missing parts.