field charger power supply

fred0000

I built this to power my chargers while i'm at the racetrack or at the flying field. (racetrack runs on generators, I usualy charge off of my car)

I used 4 12v 7.5ah lead acid batterys I had bought for another project and never got going on it, and lost interest.

the 4 batterys are wired in parallel. and I built a carying case/box for them. I just hope it'll be able to power my 2 new 200watt chargers charging 5000mah 4's at 10amps (for race trucks)

42815c18.jpg

1f956d93.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
That's a good idea. That would run my accucell 6 charger nicely.

I am actually trying to find a suitable 12 volt power supply to run off of 120vac to power a couple of the accucell 6's at home or in the gym. If anyone has found a good one let me know.

earthsciteach

I used an old a/c to 12-14 volt DC wall transformer from some long lost piece of electronics that I had laying around the house. I just spliced in the jack that plugs into the battery charger. Works great! I'll send more specs when I get home. I've also heard that laptop charger power supplies work well. I'm sure you can find an old one at an electronics repair place for cheap.

fred0000

That's a good idea. That would run my accucell 6 charger nicely.

I am actually trying to find a suitable 12 volt power supply to run off of 120vac to power a couple of the accucell 6's at home or in the gym. If anyone has found a good one let me know.

I use this power supply to power 3 iMax B6's and plan to use it to power my 2 200w chargers when they come in
TGY-20
despite what it says it works just fine on 110v, I can take pictures of the power at my wall and the voltage comming out of it (usualy 14.11v) if you wish.

I really need my 200w chargers to come in, one of my iMax B6's has been charging that field box for about 4 hours now, no where near full.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I used an old a/c to 12-14 volt DC wall transformer from some long lost piece of electronics that I had laying around the house. I just spliced in the jack that plugs into the battery charger. Works great! I'll send more specs when I get home. I've also heard that laptop charger power supplies work well. I'm sure you can find an old one at an electronics repair place for cheap.

Cool, I've been looking at all the places like radio shack and I can find lots of power supplies but none that have any real amperage. My charger will charge up to 6 amps (for 6000 batteries) and I want to run two off of it.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I use this power supply to power 3 iMax B6's and plan to use it to power my 2 200w chargers when they come in
TGY-20
despite what it says it works just fine on 110v, I can take pictures of the power at my wall and the voltage comming out of it (usualy 14.11v) if you wish.

I really need my 200w chargers to come in, one of my iMax B6's has been charging that field box for about 4 hours now, no where near full.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Too bad it's backordered. I'll definitely pick one up when they come in. Thanks.