Fight test mighty mini trainer motor/esc issue

luke1350a

Hi there, I own the mighty mini trainer and recently I have had a problem with the motor and or possibly the esc. when I first turn it on every thing seems fine, but when I push the throttle above about 20% the motor stops spinning. then once I return the throttle back to 0% it makes the starting up beep beep noise. When i try to increase the throttle the same thing happens once i pass about 20%. Any ideas on what might be wrong? and ways to fix it?
I have a BL heli 12A esc and a Emax Mt1806-2280Kv motor.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Try calibrating your throttle. With the plane off and the prop off, turn the transmitter on, move the throttle stick to the full throttle position, then power the plane on. The motor should make some beeps then put the throttle stick down. Hopefully that fixes it. If not, let us know. Be sure to do it with the prop OFF though. I’ve made that mistake and it hurts!

luke1350a

Try calibrating your throttle. With the plane off and the prop off, turn the transmitter on, move the throttle stick to the full throttle position, then power the plane on. The motor should make some beeps then put the throttle stick down. Hopefully that fixes it. If not, let us know. Be sure to do it with the prop OFF though. I’ve made that mistake and it hurts!
Ok thanks, I will try that

mach1 rc

Master member
I'll say it hurts I had the end of my thumb cut off before.