Firebird-Smash drone.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey all,
A friend gave me the innards of a firebird commander 2, and a few other odds and ends. As I discovered, the receiver has built in vtail mixing, and I didn't have any vtail designs. Cue the smash drone! I made a simplified smash drone for speed 400 and 2 cell 2000mah lipo, and it flies great! Beautiful design.
Unfortunately, the ACT is giving me a headache, including landing on a neighbors roof...:black_eyed: image.jpg

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
On the Supercub the first thing we recommend is to disable (rip it out and throw it in the bin) the Always Crash Technology right off the bat.
Is it easy to disable on the firebird?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
No, I can't find any obvious sensors. I think it's based on stick position in the firebird.
Oh, thanks for the FC 28-12 article! I bought some newbie wire from GB and I'm going to try to rewind all my "little red motors".:D

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
No, I can't find any obvious sensors. I think it's based on stick position in the firebird.
Oh, thanks for the FC 28-12 article! I bought some newbie wire from GB and I'm going to try to rewind all my "little red motors".:D
If you ever find yourself over here in Utah, send me a message and we'll fly!
Good luck with the newbie wire. A friend of mine uses it and has had good results with it too. I've also seen where a some folks like to get the three different colors and use one color for each phase. Looks real cool but unless you are going to do some instructional videos or something no real need.

2812 Rewind.jpg