• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Firefeather Rocket Glider/DLG/Hotliner

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Thanks guys! Happy to hit "cut" on another set of vinyl stickers if you want them. Black or white.
I think black would work best on mine, and that would be awesome!

I've got my fingers crossed I can make it out to the club meeting on Thursday. I assume it is still at Poplar Ford, right? I need to get that newsletter out too. Between some work related stuff and Flite Fest the last three weeks have been CRAZY! If I can make it I want to bring the Stearman out. Fingers crossed.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
At our club's meeting on Thursday both @wilmracer and I maidened our Firefeathers - and they performed excellent! Neither of us had to mess around with moving the CG - we did a couple tosses in the grass, and then launched with electric motors. Loved how easy it was to point vertically and gain as much altitude as I liked, and then cut the motor out for some lazy relaxing gliding around the field! :love:

Here's a little video of @wilmracer 's maiden flight, doing lazy circles in the sunset! :D

I'll probably wait on DLG launching until I find someone who knows what they are doing to check out my setup and talk me through it.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Thanks for getting the video! I was too excited during the maiden to think about getting it on "film". But I didn't change anything on the setup between the 1st and 3rd flight - she really flew that nice right from the start!

I do recommend this kit - performs great and simple to build. Just add the hatch if you plan to be swapping batteries out often! :D