Firmware flashed but still can't connect

ewberquist

Hi

The guilty truth - I got myself into this mess by doing a probably unnecessary reboot of my FCboard...I was frustrated and wanted to start over. Anyways, here's my situation:

I'm using cleanflight and a naze32 REV6

By shorting the boot pads on the naze and using the "no reboot sequence", "flash on connect" and "full chip erase" functions in CF, I was able to flash the firmware onto the naze, little loading bar at the bottom said "programming successful" (shown in attached picture), log shows:
2016-08-08 @ 18:36:35 -- Running - OS: Windows, Chrome: 51.0.2684.0, Configurator: 1.2.2
2016-08-08 @ 18:37:15 -- Detected: COM3 - triggering flash on connect

After the firmware is loaded, I hit the connect button and get this:
2016-08-08 @ 18:40:32 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 14
2016-08-08 @ 18:40:42 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed

I'm at a loss. For all the guide videos I've watched it should connect now but no dice. I know the board works because I was able to connect and control the motors with CF before I made the mistake of rebooting. I appreciate any help, really just can't wait to get flying.

-Eric

Attachments

• firmware flash successful.JPG
    firmware flash successful.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 1
  • no configuration.JPG
    no configuration.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hi

The guilty truth - I got myself into this mess by doing a probably unnecessary reboot of my FCboard...I was frustrated and wanted to start over. Anyways, here's my situation:

I'm using cleanflight and a naze32 REV6

By shorting the boot pads on the naze and using the "no reboot sequence", "flash on connect" and "full chip erase" functions in CF, I was able to flash the firmware onto the naze, little loading bar at the bottom said "programming successful" (shown in attached picture), log shows:
2016-08-08 @ 18:36:35 -- Running - OS: Windows, Chrome: 51.0.2684.0, Configurator: 1.2.2
2016-08-08 @ 18:37:15 -- Detected: COM3 - triggering flash on connect

After the firmware is loaded, I hit the connect button and get this:
2016-08-08 @ 18:40:32 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 14
2016-08-08 @ 18:40:42 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed

I'm at a loss. For all the guide videos I've watched it should connect now but no dice. I know the board works because I was able to connect and control the motors with CF before I made the mistake of rebooting. I appreciate any help, really just can't wait to get flying.

-Eric

You are still in the Firmware tab. What happens if you try it from the CF tab?

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I get this same thing on occasion. Usually after I have connected to clean flight and cycled power with the battery like when you spin up the motors to check them. Usually a simple disconnect the usb from the computer and reconnect it then connect normally with clean flight wakes it back up again. I think there was only like one time I had to totally reboot my computer to get the usb to communicate again.

If that still doesn't work maybe uninstall the USB driver and reinstall it.