First acrobatics ever on a quadcopter...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Cool!

Wish I had a place to fly indoors here.

Hey.. on these tiny quads with very little torque from the motors I find a higher min throttle helps them recover easier from flips n rolls as well as makes it far easier to hold a stable altitude when flying in ground effect zone under 1 foot off the ground.

shawdreamer

Ive never been a big fan of tiny frames, Ive never quite gotten a feel for them and on the rare occasions Ive chucked a whoop or similar about at a indoor 5-a-side hall I couldnt help feeling they just lack guts (drawback of being a diehard 250 speed freak I suppose:unsure:), add into that fpv signal getting mashed up and bounced around by the halls metal walls (which is probably also why your feed was breaking up in your video) it just wasnt much fun..... the eventual outcome of the day being me getting my quad stuck in the halls dividing net some 30ft up pretty much sealed the deal for me on sub 250 frames:rolleyes:.

tbf though you probably picked a hard starting point if you wanted to try some acro, a larger frame often offers a tad more stability for acro, the addition of bigger motors with more guts also helps in the equation, but by far the most contributing factor is the confined space you used there, might have felt big at first but when your trying to concentrate on doing your first acro stuff the last thing you need is concern about flipping into a wall, over hammering the throttle and slamming the ceiling or dropping it to much and slamming the hard playing surface below....not to mention the dangers of dividing nets:whistle:.

wait for a clear windless calm day and try a few moves out above the backgarden, it'll be much less stressful and the worst case scenario you have to kncok at a neighbours door to ask for your quad back after it went down in their garden:D

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Ive never been a big fan of tiny frames, Ive never quite gotten a feel for them and on the rare occasions Ive chucked a whoop or similar about at a indoor 5-a-side hall I couldnt help feeling they just lack guts (drawback of being a diehard 250 speed freak I suppose:unsure:), add into that fpv signal getting mashed up and bounced around by the halls metal walls (which is probably also why your feed was breaking up in your video) it just wasnt much fun..... the eventual outcome of the day being me getting my quad stuck in the halls dividing net some 30ft up pretty much sealed the deal for me on sub 250 frames:rolleyes:.

tbf though you probably picked a hard starting point if you wanted to try some acro, a larger frame often offers a tad more stability for acro, the addition of bigger motors with more guts also helps in the equation, but by far the most contributing factor is the confined space you used there, might have felt big at first but when your trying to concentrate on doing your first acro stuff the last thing you need is concern about flipping into a wall, over hammering the throttle and slamming the ceiling or dropping it to much and slamming the hard playing surface below....not to mention the dangers of dividing nets:whistle:.

wait for a clear windless calm day and try a few moves out above the backgarden, it'll be much less stressful and the worst case scenario you have to kncok at a neighbours door to ask for your quad back after it went down in their garden:D
Weather in the UK is capricious ;) I have a 210 and a 250 quadcopter which I'm very happy in line of site but I need to feel confident to start flinging them around. I'm getting there, lots of simulator practice and this cute UK65 is making me more secure in my flying abilities.
My aim is to at least become effective and enjoy acro mode by the end of this coming summer.
I'm not in a hurry!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I've been doing the whoop thing several years now. Best build so far fas been with the NewBeeDrone gold motors built last week. These things are so good, it almost hovers with the motors at their lowest pwm setting. I have to run them that low or it floats too much on throttle chop. The newbeedrone cockroach frame is by far the most durable frame I've used, and a direct drop in for the stock original inductrix. I'm using the frisky xmf3e FC/RX with my favorite flavor of firmware too. Previous builds needed 40-50% throttle to hover. This one does it at 20% :-D This one can also power out of it's own propwash when descending, whereas the others would end up falling all the way to the ground. It will eat batteries fast if kept at full throttle. LOL

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: Video, or it didn't happen:

Picture:
WhoopGOLD.jpg

Last edited:

shawdreamer

Weather in the UK is capricious ;) I have a 210 and a 250 quadcopter which I'm very happy in line of site but I need to feel confident to start flinging them around. I'm getting there, lots of simulator practice and this cute UK65 is making me more secure in my flying abilities.
My aim is to at least become effective and enjoy acro mode by the end of this coming summer.
I'm not in a hurry!

Well then, Just watch for those divider nets, getting your quad caught in a net 30ft up is the indoor equivalent of the walk of shame when you crash outside.... But with more monkey climbing and a lot more laughter at your expense:sneaky:

Last edited: