Help! First Airplane

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I am about to start my first built any suggestions. I am building FT Bushwacker
The Bushwhacker is an excellent choice. Just make sure the plane will balance where is should and the throws are on the lower rate. After you have mastered flying, you can slowly move the CG aft and turn up the throws. Those two things will turn your tame plane into one that is capable of some great tricks.

CoolAsIce003

Thanks for you suggestion this will help me a lot. I have a Question, i am scratch building it so what you suggest to stick the paper on foam board because in my country they don't come pre assembled.

PoorManRC

Master member
Thanks for you suggestion this will help me a lot. I have a Question, i am scratch building it so what you suggest to stick the paper on foam board because in my country they don't come pre assembled.

Welcome!
None of these come pre assembled, that's the fun!
Typically, these are assembled using a Hot Glue Gun. If you can get it where you are, CA Cement works too - as long as it's FOAM Safe!!

Or, if you're not in a hurry, use White Glue, Elmer's Glue, or it might be calling PVA.... again, not knowing where you are.
Good Luck and have Fun!! :)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
so what you suggest to stick the paper on foam board.
There are many options if you can’t get foam board. Ordinary printer paper works great. That is what they are doing with the raster skins. They print the FT plans on ordinary paper, pull the paper off the FB and glue the “skins” on the foam. Any paper glue, that will not attack the foam, will work. May need to thin the glue with water. Do some testing to see what works for you.

Laminate film, clear or colored packing tape work great, they are also waterproof. Andrew Newton has had great success with tape laminated Depron

Describe the foam you will be working with.

Last edited:

Willlparker3ls

Enjoy your first build, don't get too hung up on perfection.

The crafting skill will come eventually, and FT designs are basically foolproof, so just try and get a maiden 'flite' before you worry about getting the identical airfoil that Bixler does in the video or whatever. I remember spending hours and hours and hours trying to make my versa wing exactly so; in the end it looked like crapola and flew like a champ. FT planes will take beating after beating and keep flying, so if they're a bit "beaten" directly off the workbench, they still usually end up flying, which is what I think every beginner should be looking forward to the most :))

CoolAsIce003

There are many options if you can’t get foam board. Ordinary printer paper works great. That is what they are doing with the raster skins. They print the FT plans on ordinary paper, pull the paper off the FB and glue the “skins” on the foam. Any paper glue, that will not attack the foam, will work. May need to thin the glue with water. Do some testing to see what works for you.

Laminate film, clear or colored packing tape work great, they are also waterproof. Andrew Newton has had great success with tape laminated Depron

Describe the foam you will be working with.
I will be working with Non laminated Depron. That's why i asked how to stick paper to foam board.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I will be working with Non laminated Depron. That's why i asked how to stick paper to foam board.
Just to be clear, you can laminate depron with many different things, paper, packing tape or laminate film. What you use is your choice, they all work.