First Balsa Build - Cuda 26

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
If the wings are still good you can buy just the replacement fuselage from Laine.

Sorry to see the damage, it reminds me of mine after losing orientation at low altitude and high speed.

johnnycarlos

If the wings are still good you can buy just the replacement fuselage from Laine.

Sorry to see the damage, it reminds me of mine after losing orientation at low altitude and high speed.

No worries. Thanks for the suggestion. That's a good idea. There's some minor crack that can be patched. At the moment though, I'm feeling like something else. I'll keep them for when I change my mind in the future.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Ya, I heard it was a fast plane and you got to stay ahead of it. Always a bummer totaling a plane.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
It took me three flights to dial the balance in on mine, but luckily the ground was very soft on the first two attempts!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Ouche! I'm currently doing a fuselage rebuild on mine too - did a stupid thing coming in for a cross wind landing and stalled into a lawn dart instead!

johnnycarlos

Wow, that was a maiden flight you won't soon forget. I think I'd put the pieces in a box out of sight for a while and fly some airplanes that I feel real comfortable with.

Yea, I won't forget that! Hehe.

I've only got 2 planes to fly. One is a foamy cub I'm saving for my son for when he's ready, the other is the orange Dallaire I just got from the estate sale that I flew for the first time yesterday. It's ok though, I'm not in a hurry.

I've picked my next kit and will start a build log soon...