First build complete

Hello everyone. I’m just getting into RC planes and built myself a FT Tiny Trainer. I think she looks pretty acceptable for a newbi build. Hopefully she flies well too. Hope to do that in the next couple of days. Thanks so much for the Flite Test guys for putting out this information and making this hobby much more accessible.

I’ll let you all know how the maiden flight goes.

Attachments

• 999888F9-C2DE-423B-975D-3AF77E44421C.jpeg
    999888F9-C2DE-423B-975D-3AF77E44421C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Headbang

Master member
If you have a day or 2, use that time to double, triple, quadruple check everything. When the time comes, take a deep breath, calm yourself (I know, hard to do, maidens are so exciting), do a final check of the controls, and cg. Take another deep breath, check to make sure the controls are moving in the right direction again, then go for it!
Good luck!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome! That is indeed a great looking build. Way better than mine are looking. I'm going to suggest posting a short video of your control surfaces moving with the controller in the picture. Take it slow and go through the range of motion that the sticks have. The guys here who know stuff will be able to give you forewarning of a possible and pending disaster if they see anything amiss.

If you don't have one, you'll have to create a youtube account, upload your video there, and post the link to your video here. It's all a major pain in the backside, but it beats the heck out your pretty plane going down, when you want it to go up!

Welcome to our family, enderwrath!

Bricks

Master member
Everything mentioned above is a great way to start. What type of radio are you using can you add Expo adding at least 30% expo can help soften up the feel of the control surfaces and not feel so twitchy. Double check CG make sure it is correct and use the recommended amount for throws on the control surfaces.

mayan

Legendary member
Great looking build @Enderwrath! Good luck with the Tiny Trainer (TT) in my books it's the best trainer plane I could have asked for, when I started flying RC. As for a few tips I think the posts up here quite sumed up things that you should do before going for a first maiden, it will defentaly help make it a better maiden. I would also recommend to watch the FT beginer series videos if you haven't already. Any how good luck buddy if you need any help at all with the Tiny Trainer let me know, I'll be more than willing to help/advice. Once you feel comfortable flying it you can check out the many modifications that this model has on the forum. GOOD LUCK!

Everything mentioned above is a great way to start. What type of radio are you using can you add Expo adding at least 30% expo can help soften up the feel of the control surfaces and not feel so twitchy. Double check CG make sure it is correct and use the recommended amount for throws on the control surfaces.
Yes it is indeed a Taranis QX7 and dual rates 100 / 60 and 25% expo (for both) have been added. I’m open to any advice on if these need to be changed. I based the numbers on various how to YouTube videos.

Mad_Mechanic

Another tip that comes to mind. If you are not sure about something ask, the information you’ll get even without asking might save you some wasted time and money.

This is a great tip. What I've seen on this forum so far is a good group of enthusiasts that provide constructive feedback on questions.

This also reflects a personal life mantra of mine: "There is no harm in asking."

bracesport

Legendary member
I have got a couple of TT's near built and am hoping to get them in the air over the next couple of weeks! I'm really looking forward to seeing how you go!