First build

Hey there,

For my first build I'm looking at doing the FT mini corsair. I don't really want to buy the power pack, as it would cost a fortune to ship. Can someone give me some advice as to what parts to use? Any recommended ones?

I'd like to be able to fly FPV, as I have experience flying real world aircraft so find that far easier than line of sight!!! Also, an OSD is helpful.

Any recommendations for parts is greatfully accepted!

Cheers!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The mini Corsair is not a good fit's RC aeroplane. Being a small wingspan it responds fast to control inputs and gets thrown off its course by winds easier.
FPV is super fun to fly but if it fails you should be confident in flying line of sight in order to save a potential crash.
Getting the proper lightweight FliteTest foamboard is a problem at the moment in Europe and the Westboard stuff available is too heavy for the mini series of planes.
As for electronics, the motors and ESCs are available from UK model shops if you want fast delivery or online at AliExpress and Banggood and the like.

Reactions: FDS
The mini Corsair is not a good fit's RC aeroplane. Being a small wingspan it responds fast to control inputs and gets thrown off its course by winds easier.
FPV is super fun to fly but if it fails you should be confident in flying line of sight in order to save a potential crash.
Getting the proper lightweight FliteTest foamboard is a problem at the moment in Europe and the Westboard stuff available is too heavy for the mini series of planes.
As for electronics, the motors and ESCs are available from UK model shops if you want fast delivery or online at AliExpress and Banggood and the like.
Thanks. I can do line of sight at short ranges, but once I get further away I tend not to be able to see well enough to be able to tell what the plane is doing...

As for which kit, how about the Mustang? Which one can you recommend?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Thanks. I can do line of sight at short ranges, but once I get further away I tend not to be able to see well enough to be able to tell what the plane is doing...

As for which kit, how about the Mustang? Which one can you recommend?
For the Mustang, not the mini, I would use the same power train as I have on my Spitfire. Sunnysky 2216 1250kv 40Amp ESC (the turnigy plush ESCs are great), 8x6 APC prop for 4S or a 9x5 or 10x4.5 APC prop for 3S.

FDS

Elite member
I would build a Simple Scout, they are huge and easy to see and fly. For power packs check out Model Shop Leeds, they do a UK version very cheaply, plus they sell speedbuild kits etc.
If you make a Scout in UK foamboard add 30mm to the nose to counter balance the tail.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
You could go with a very basic 4 channel receiver but it's easy to run out of channels. I normally aim for a 6+ receiver. Hobbyrc have some suitable

leaded50

Legendary member
@MrSandyWilly , i bought the same servo package, motor and extensions on Banggood too. Crap is that someof it was shipped "very late", it shouldnt be needed wait 3 weeks before ship. You need patience by some of Asian sellers... but cheap prices..