• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

First camera flight! (And first motor fire)

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well, today I am stuck at home with my dad with nothing to do except Pre calculus and rest my arm. I saw my zagi, a floater jet motor, and my camera.....
15 min later, I was out side running a nicd camera Zagi, except a 5x5 on a nicd won't lift much. So I threw a 6X6 propellor on it and went into the wild blue yonder, to catch my first onboard video. 5 min. Of joy and terror later, and the nicd was exhausted, so on went a 1300 three cell, and lipo esc. Except I forgot to switch the prop!
After 4 minutes of cruise, I tried some low altitude speed runs, and smelled the magic smoke...
Oh well, I will post the video when I find a computer that doesn't post everything upside down!
Here are some pics of the plane! image.jpg

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Thanks for the compliment, it is much appreciated. That is a very old zagi, but I love it. It went from s400 to a brushed 480 to a 35 36, to a fj motor. The 35 36 needed way to big of a prop, and ripped the poor thing in half when it vibrated loose!
Eventually, a 28 26 will be on it, and then vertical should be great again!