First Collective Pitch Heli; Blade 230 or Nano or Something Else?

Eath

Hello,

I have had the Blade 70s for half a year now and can fly with it without crashing. I am reading the jump to collective pitch is rather strong. What would be the best next heli to consider? I am looking at the Blade 230 or Blade Nano. Most of times I am flying in the Basketball cage in my local city park. Is the Blade 230 too big for flying it in there?

Thank you.

Last edited:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
It will be a good size for hovering in that area once you have gotten used to it. Personally, I’d do your first hover in a football field or larger outdoor area. Once you have the feel of the aircraft, you should be able to fly it fine in that space. I wouldn’t advise aerobatics, but hovering and slow flight ought to be fine.

Marzipan

I have to admit that I look at Blade in a negative light as the first comment I read on them talked about how their entry level products break / wear out to quickly due to plastic parts. what is their build and quality control like? easy access to parts for repairs as needed?

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I have to admit that I look at Blade in a negative light as the first comment I read on them talked about how their entry level products break / wear out to quickly due to plastic parts. what is their build and quality control like? easy access to parts for repairs as needed?
They have improved a lot since their early days when this was the case. I haven't seen many issues with their quality control. Parts are all available, and most are in stock on their website.

Yes, the parts are mostly plastic. But that isn't a bad thing in my eyes for a trainer heli. Plastic parts can take a lot more abuse than metal, especially in a crash, as they absorb impacts better with less of chance of deforming.