First ft builds!

Jstew 726

Hey ladies and gents! My first time here in the forums posting and figured I'd show you guys my first ever ventured into building with foam board! I've tackled the ft racer and am building a modified ft arrow (after witnessing the CG balance problems my buddy was having with just a slightly oversized motor) I just ordered the spear kit and can't wait to dive into that build as well!

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_001537.jpg
    IMG_20190316_001537.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190316_001732_088.jpg
    IMG_20190316_001732_088.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190312_212152.jpg
    IMG_20190312_212152.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Jstew 726

Hey ladies and gents! My first time here in the forums posting and figured I'd show you guys my first ever ventured into building with foam board! I've tackled the ft racer and am building a modified ft arrow (after witnessing the CG balance problems my buddy was having with just a slightly oversized motor) I just ordered the spear kit and can't wait to dive into that build as well!
I just found the result of my buddies crash and had to share

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_173146.jpg
    IMG_20190311_173146.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
You've got some exciting builds going on! Welcome to our Forum Family!!

I can't decide if that is more funny than it is sad, or more sad than it is funny! Thank you for that! :D

FastCrash45

Elite member
I wanted to build a plane that could use my 1806 motor in combat. Came up with a 75% Bloody Wonder here's the wing. Everything else is cut and formed. It's made out of 1mm artskill foamboard.

Attachments

• 20190314_201552.jpg
    20190314_201552.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Diggington

My first build was the long Ez! I painted it in splattered fireball colors so it would look cool crashing! I embraced the crash! I can say I have had four perfectly successful batteries flown! I recommend just as Mr. Bixler explained. Taxi taxi taxi. Then take off for just a foot or two and land immediately. Taxi back and do a battery or two this way! Watch the video and listen closely because all of the videos are so full of information that literally (aside from the fun) every single sentence that is said is important! Lots and lots to learn!

Attachments

• 3B28FCF9-B068-418C-98C7-B6C820F9CCB8.jpeg
    3B28FCF9-B068-418C-98C7-B6C820F9CCB8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Jstew 726

Just finished building the ft spear! Gotta say I love the kit versions so much better than cutting out my own from scratch! This thing went together so nicely! They accidentally sent me the wrong sized prop though so hopefully I can find one that'll fit tomorrow and maiden her if the wind stays low!
IMG_20190326_230417.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_193522.jpg
    IMG_20190325_193522.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190325_205646.jpg
    IMG_20190325_205646.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190325_223636.jpg
    IMG_20190325_223636.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190326_220513.jpg
    IMG_20190326_220513.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Jstew 726

Just maidened her today! She flew amazing! Probably the best maiden test I've ever had! I was flying on a 1800mah 3s battery and I swear it flew for roughly 15 mins and came off with enough battery to fly for another 5! She glides like a dream and is just so stable! I can't wait to link the video my buddy took! He is uploading it now to YouTube so it'll be later tonight or tomorrow before I can get the link to y'all.

Jstew 726

I wanted to build a plane that could use my 1806 motor in combat. Came up with a 75% Bloody Wonder here's the wing. Everything else is cut and formed. It's made out of 1mm artskill foamboard.
Where did you get that thin of foam board? I'm still trying to build using the 3mm black foam board and it's so hard to do anything with it that small!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Where did you get that thin of foam board? I'm still trying to build using the 3mm black foam board and it's so hard to do anything with it that small!
I use a lot of 3mm FB and have a few designs specifically for the 3mm FB. I also do often use the thinner board to render FT designs and when strength/rigidity or light weight is required.

A build is currently under way for a 1/2A racer in 3mm FB and will start be posted shortly. It is a build with a couple of participants and uses either the "A" or "F" power pack!

If there was greater interest there would be far more 3mm builds and designs!

A couple of the builds/designs currently posted on the forum;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/aussie-scratch-builds.29243/
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/collaborators-build-2-slick-trick.54111/

Have fun!

FastCrash45

Elite member
It'sa twofold display board for crafts. The brand is ArtSkill at Dollar General. It is brittle and the first time you do a score cut you'll cut it in half. LOL That's what I did the first few tries. It is about 30% larger than RediBoards.

FastCrash45

Elite member
OMG MY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE!!! I DIDN'T CHECK WHAT I WROTE!! Actually what my phone put in. It's 3mm foamboard not 1mm. I did get it at DOLLAR GENERAL, whichis pretty much the same as dollar tree.

mayan

Legendary member
Welcome to the family amigo. Like @Diggington said when watching the FT videos listen well everything that they say on the videos is usefull information.

I have so many pictures of half wings. Kind of got used to breaking them into half :).

Just finished building the ft spear! Gotta say I love the kit versions so much better than cutting out my own from scratch! This thing went together so nicely! They accidentally sent me the wrong sized prop though so hopefully I can find one that'll fit tomorrow and maiden her if the wind stays low! View attachment 127455
Looks good my friend.

I use a lot of 3mm FB and have a few designs specifically for the 3mm FB. I also do often use the thinner board to render FT designs and when strength/rigidity or light weight is required.

A build is currently under way for a 1/2A racer in 3mm FB and will start be posted shortly. It is a build with a couple of participants and uses either the "A" or "F" power pack!

If there was greater interest there would be far more 3mm builds and designs!

A couple of the builds/designs currently posted on the forum;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/aussie-scratch-builds.29243/
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/collaborators-build-2-slick-trick.54111/

Have fun!
Don't ruin the fun :)... It's on my build list for the tomorrow's night shift at work :).