First FT Cub Build

synjin

Elite member
Here’s my first Simple Cub. Built it over Thanksgiving weekend, but I haven’t had a chance to fly it until today. I put a 1000Kv 2212 into it, so it flies really slow. As soon as I figure out how to program flaperons on the NV-14 I’ll try those out.

Attachments

• 9D51FB96-B112-4278-99E2-6EA67F1849F9.jpeg
    9D51FB96-B112-4278-99E2-6EA67F1849F9.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
It is a good looking Cub, it is amazing how small a motor will get it to fly.

Have you built other FT planes before the Cub?

synjin

Elite member
BA,

Well, I started all this last year about this time. Since then I’ve built a lot of planes. I started with the Simple Scout kit, then 3 Mini Scouts. I got a Tiny Trainer kit which really helped build my flying skills.

Let’s see, then I built an Arrow, a Spear, a Spitfire, 3 Bloody Baron variants, a Mini Guinea, a DR-1, SE-5, 2 Mini Bf-109s, a Dornier Libelle, an F-86 70mm EDF (maiden tomorrow)...I might have forgot something, and there are a couple in progress (Storch on the build table). Other than the kits, the above are all scratch builds.

I really enjoy the building. It’s tremendously rewarding to see the materials come together into an aircraft. I’m gearing up for a master series build, and a P-47 is up soon.

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Wow you got lots on the dossier, kinda sounds like my list, except yours probably last longer lol. How is the flying going? Do you have any video of these birds?

synjin

Elite member
Grifflyer, I used Zephyr1’s 50mm EDF F-86 plans. Somehow I had the print settings off and it printed at 125%. I decided that since I had the plans already printed I’d just use those. The plane looks good, but we’ll see how she flies.
14BA8FD1-DD7D-45B6-8CA5-D82177E1F3E1.jpeg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Grifflyer, I used Zephyr1’s 50mm EDF F-86 plans. Somehow I had the print settings off and it printed at 125%. I decided that since I had the plans already printed I’d just use those. The plane looks good, but we’ll see how she flies. View attachment 150991
That's cool, I originally thought you were talking about the F-87 Blackhawk.

synjin

Elite member
Well, too many chores and not enough light here in Alaska. I got to fly the Cub again as the light was fading. I adjusted the ailerons and the expo for the ailerons and elevator.

The F-86 will have to wait until next week. Ah, well.