First Glider Solo!

Jackson T

Elite member
So you know how I had my first solo a little while ago? Well, today (on my 11th solo) I flew my silver C distance task! 56km out and back (112km round trip), and I got up to 10000ft on 3 separate climbs throughout the flight! It was so awesome!

IcedStorm777

So you know how I had my first solo a little while ago? Well, today (on my 11th solo) I flew my silver C distance task! 56km out and back (112km round trip), and I got up to 10000ft on 3 separate climbs throughout the flight! It was so awesome!

Dang, your on your 11th solo? Thats really awesome, congrats man! Do you have any video?

Jackson T

Elite member
Glad they let you do the triangles, we couldn't leave the local area until fully licensed. You realize this will ruin you for powered flight, RIGHT?
After doing some outlanding training they said I can go up to 50km away. My turnpoints were 56km and 62km away, but they knew that and were happy. It does feel a bit weird though, as they haven't taught me anything about cross country or navigation yet.
Yeah, it'll be interesting going back to powered flight in winter, gliding is just so much fun! What gliders did you learn to fly in?

Piotrsko

Master member
Sws 2-33 and SWS 1-26 single place aero trainer. Have an hour in a 2-32, some time in a Blanik and assorted Grobs. The Blanik was the Czech equivalent to a B52, the grobs were kinda meh. 1-26 is the most fun you can have in a glider. All told, about 75 hours. Stopped because I finally rebuilt my Pacer and the government designee for signoff pissed me off horribly. Note that this was all free flying, as I worked launching ground crew most weekends

Last edited: