Solved First Micro Build Using 1806 Radial. What Battery and Props are Optimal?

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'm building a micro BAC TSR-2 pusher jet using a radial 1806 and 12a ESC. My battery options are 7.4v 2s 650, or 3s 11.1v 650 and my prop choices are 6x3x2, 5x3x2, 5x4x6, 5x5.3x3, 5x5.5x3 Hulkies. My overall length/fuselage length is just over 17", wing span 8.6", tail plane 6". I'm trying to keep it light as possible. So 2s or 3s and what prop has the best chance of success?

MiniacRC

I would actually try the 5” two and then three blades, on 2S. Because the torque roll of a 6” prop is bound to throw around the 8.6” span stubby wings. For a plane that small the radial 1806 should easily kick butt with the 5x4x3 on 3s if not 2s.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I would actually try the 5” two and then three blades, on 2S. Because the torque roll of a 6” prop is bound to throw around the 8.6” span stubby wings. For a plane that small the radial 1806 should easily kick butt with the 5x4x3 on 3s if not 2s.
Thanks I'm still learning all these nuances after my first couple good designs.this is my first micro build and second time I've attempted to design a (somewhat) scale plane based on a real plane.I thought the prop being as long as the tail plane would be wonky but didn't know for sure. The wing loading will be heavy on this one but hopefully able to squeeze by. If it doesn't work, I will scale it up by about 50-60% which will be a 12-14 inch wing. I'll go with 5x3x2 , then if not enough thrust try 5x5.3x3 as these work really well on another(much bigger) plane that uses the same motor.

Last edited: