First Multirotor Problems, I'm New at This

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Good job! Getting airborne is just awesome.

At this point you do hops, then there will be jumps, then skips and someday soon you will be terrorizing squirrels and thinking about how to do flips.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Didn't want to change my signature so soon so changed something else :rolleyes:

The man is on fire right now!

Lol, autocorrect changed "Signature" to "dignity" on my first attempt. Read kind of different like that :)

CHSFlite

I'm new to this as well and several months ago built my first a tri and then quad using the exact parts/components as you. As soon as my tri worked I switched the AnyCopter to a Quad and its been my focus for the past month. My biggest learns:

-Flashing the Multistars to the SimonK firmware helped a lot
-Self-leveling is wonderful but I had to experiment with the settings a good bit. A PGain of 50 and PLimit of 25 seemed to work well for me
-Props made a big difference. I tried flying my quad using 8inch 4.5 props and it was very very difficult to fly. For me and my setup the 8inch 3.8 pitch worked so much better
-Learn how to adjust the Trims on your DX6i. These are the 4 black buttons/sliders next to and below the sticks on the transmitter. This is what allowed me to zero in my quad and get it "stable".

My biggest breakthrough came today. I purchased a slightly smaller frame (it looks like the HJ450 Frame Airframe FlameWheel) and transfered all of the parts/components from my AnyCopter quad to the new FlameWheel frame (it's and smaller and heavier) and I made zero changes to my Dx6i or KK2. The new quad flies amazing, it's much more stable and agile than my previous Anycopter quad. Why does it fly so much better...not sure but I think it's a combination of 3 things:
1) The AnyCopter is really light, so light that it may exaggerate setting problems which can be tough for a beginner.
2) The AnyCopter requires a lot of drilling and cutting which opens up the possibility for error, loose arms, misaligned holes can make things uneven and out of balance.
3) My new frame is smaller and heavier which for a beginner may be more forgiving but clearly also has it's downsides.