First Post/Build. Have a 'tiny' question about my Micro FPV setup.

randymclean

Hello people who know more about Quadcopters and Radios and Electricities than me!

My story is below. I'll cut to the chase here:

I just now noticed the camera output voltage on the AltitudeRC 25mw TVX I ordered last night is rated at just 3.6V! The problem is that last night I also ordered a 600TVL 1/4 Camera, which has an input voltage of 3.7-5V! My mistake was that I assumed the Altitude RC would 'pass on' the same current to the camera that is coming into it from the battery (3.7V). Is this going to cause... failure? Poor signal? Explosions? Should I just buy another camera since they are relatively inexpensive?

Key Goals of this build are 1. Flight Time, 2. Efficiency. I find the real challenge w/ micro's is carrying weight w/ brushed motors. Anyone can put together a 820-17 that will blast off like a missile but only run for 4 mins.

Nano Qx FC (I'm a beginner, it's light, wicked easy to set up, flies steady, supports 'expert' mode, $20 on Amazon)
110mm PFG 7mm Carbon H V2 (havent decided which acc plate i'm going to use yet, have both)
0720-14 (may even step down to the 12's after I start logging flight time data)
Altitude RC Nano 25mw TVX (link above)
600TVL 1/4 1.8mm 170FOV NTSC (link above)
True RC Nano 5.8 RHCP Antenna

600 mAh 1S 3.7V 25C Lectron Pro (to start)

I think that covers it. Would love to talk Micro's with anyone. Especially people with advanced knowledge, would love advice/recommendations/feedback/critique/public shaming....etc.

Edit: Have 20AWG JST connector to solder/replace Nano FC's stock battery connector. Will probably solder the lighter wire for powering the TVX directly to the back/opposite side of board where the 20AWG wires are soldered.

Last edited: