First post Electronics set up

andrewswork94

I am looking at building the master series p51 Mustang. I have a 1100kv motor, 3s 2200 lipo battery, and 30amp esc. I am curious if this set up would work for the mustang. I would rather not buy new electronics if I don't have to. Thanks.

HVB79

This question is impossible to answer without knowing what size 1100kv motor you have.
For example a 2218 1100kv motor would work while a 2204 1100kv motor would not.

HVB79

Yes, with that motor your setup is just a little smaller vs the recommended power pack C motor for the master series P51. I think it will work fine as long as you use a 8 or 9 inch prop. I think a 10x4 @ 3s with the D3530 would require limiting the throttle to prevent drawing to much current. It is a reasonable choice just don't over prop the motor.

Always test the amp draw yourself before using a new prop with your motor.

andrewswork94

Yes, with that motor your setup is just a little smaller vs the recommended power pack C motor for the master series P51. I think it will work fine as long as you use a 8 or 9 inch prop. I think a 10x4 @ 3s with the D3530 would require limiting the throttle to prevent drawing to much current. It is a reasonable choice just don't over prop the motor.

Always test the amp draw yourself before using a new prop with your motor.
I have a 9x6 prop that seems to work.