First post / hello world

Unicutie

Hi,

I'm new to rc after catching the bug from Peter stripol and flite test on YouTube. I've been trying stuff for the past couple of weeks after Peter's rc paper airplane video convinced me to start making stuff. I couldn't quite make that work until i switched from printer paper to Styrofoam plates... Which worked very well... And yea that plane is now on the highest branch of the tallest tree... Rip

Anyway I'm here to learn more about rc hacking. I got another plane called the inum elite, which i got to steal the electronics out of. I played with it, crashed it a ton, and it is now toast. So I'm ready to start building a new and hopefully better airframe for it and i figured this would be a good place to research for that. I'm 32 and live in texas. So, hello world 👋

kilroy07

Legendary member
Hello and welcome!

Feel free to reach out and ask questions (even ones you are sure have been asked before!)
Be warned, spend any time here at all and soon you'll have several projects lined up wanting your free time! :LOL:

basslord1124

Master member
Hello and welcome! That looks like a fairly tiny plane. Electronics are probably too small for FT planes unless you scaled it down. I'm almost thinking a mini-Nutball or perhaps do a custom built one. Just try and keep the weight down to 33g like the original plane. I've even heard folks use similar electronics and attach it to one of those Guillows balsa gliders. :)

Vimana89

Legendary member
Hi,

I'm new to rc after catching the bug from Peter stripol and flite test on YouTube. I've been trying stuff for the past couple of weeks after Peter's rc paper airplane video convinced me to start making stuff. I couldn't quite make that work until i switched from printer paper to Styrofoam plates... Which worked very well... And yea that plane is now on the highest branch of the tallest tree... Rip

Anyway I'm here to learn more about rc hacking. I got another plane called the inum elite, which i got to steal the electronics out of. I played with it, crashed it a ton, and it is now toast. So I'm ready to start building a new and hopefully better airframe for it and i figured this would be a good place to research for that. I'm 32 and live in texas. So, hello world 👋
If you rebuild an airframe for the inum elite from foam board you should definitely watch weight and wing loading but should be fine if you do. If you were to pick up one of the more beginner friendly FT kits(of which there are several, Tiny Trainer, either Scout version, Cub, Storch, etc. It would probably be a bit better trainer. So I'm really curious...your first DIY RC experience...was a little motorized dart style paper plane and it got lost in a tree?I can imagine with only two tiny engines and no moving control surfaces it would not have been the smoothest thing to control, but what a cool choice!If you like the classic dart shape(slender delta), I've got something a little bigger and badder with real controls and a well protected propeller that might interest you.

Reactions: FDS

skymaster

Elite member
howdy partner welcome, park dee horse over there and the saddle over there. dont mind the crazy people arround here. they all think they can fly.

Unicutie

If you rebuild an airframe for the inum elite from foam board you should definitely watch weight and wing loading but should be fine if you do. If you were to pick up one of the more beginner friendly FT kits(of which there are several, Tiny Trainer, either Scout version, Cub, Storch, etc. It would probably be a bit better trainer. So I'm really curious...your first DIY RC experience...was a little motorized dart style paper plane and it got lost in a tree?I can imagine with only two tiny engines and no moving control surfaces it would not have been the smoothest thing to control, but what a cool choice!If you like the classic dart shape(slender delta), I've got something a little bigger and badder with real controls and a well protected propeller that might interest you.

I tried that but my quad was too heavy for paper. I made a tiny glider and it was a touch too windy ... It flew far!

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_051828.jpg
    IMG_20190622_051828.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 0

Unicutie

For my inum rebuild i plan to go with a similar concept, I'm going to probably try a foam board wing and polystyrene plate tail with bbq sticks. I'll see If just a flat wing with some under camber will be light enoughenough. If that's too heavy I'll try a wing out if plates too , i just want it to be a bit more durable..

The reason i went with the inum was because well, it was on sale! And i don't have a transmitter so i wanted all the electronics plus the radio.