First Racing drone

James13

Hey, I came across FT a few weeks ago and have been interested every since. I've had quite a few small drones, rc planes and just pre-ordered a mavic pro. I am now interested in purchasing a racing drone. I was curious if someone had any advice? I've been looking at builds of the 210 and the R5X on the FT store as well as some rtf model.

James13

I am currently looking at the Eachine Wizard and the Eachine Falcon 250 and was wondering what the pros and cons of each drone are?

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey, I came across FT a few weeks ago and have been interested every since. I've had quite a few small drones, rc planes and just pre-ordered a mavic pro. I am now interested in purchasing a racing drone. I was curious if someone had any advice? I've been looking at builds of the 210 and the R5X on the FT store as well as some rtf model.

Hey James 13!
First off WELCOME to the forums and to the FT Family! So glad you found us and that you are enjoying yourself in the hobby!
As a side note: I think you are going to be thoroughly impressed with your DJI Mavic pro! We literally love it MORE and MORE every time we use it! ;)

On the note of QUADS: The FT 210 is a GREAT option for sure...it is a little bit heavier bc of the 4mm carbon fiber bottom plate, but holds up GREAT in a crash... I have crashed mine so many times, as I am sure you have seen in some of the vlogs(if not, go ahead and check em out it is pretty funny when I slam straight into the tree haha!) Plus it is a fun build. The same goes for the R5x by XHOVER... super quick and agile and still durable as well. If I had to choose for my FIRST racing drone, I would prob do the 210, only because of the durability. BUT if you think you could be a bit more advanced with your flying capabilities and want a little bit more punch and agility...R5X is the way to go!

If you do NOT want to build them then an RTF is a quality way to go...I know a lot of people have gotten into the hobby that way. Unfortunately, with an RTF you do not get to learn how to fix and create and customize, which in this hobby IF and WHEN you crash being able to fix your quad is vital!

SO anyways, just a few thoughts and I hope that you enjoy your experience, which ever way you decide to go!
Good luck and happy flying my friend!

Blessings,
Stefan

James13

Technically speaking if I were to purchase a RTF quad would I still be able to upgrade it down the road? For example could I swap out the motors and ESCs?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Technically speaking if I were to purchase a RTF quad would I still be able to upgrade it down the road? For example could I swap out the motors and ESCs?

Most of the time, yes. On the wizard kit linked above, definitely.