First RC double ender bush plane

Onewheelskillz

Never Flown R/C
Just got inspired the other day watching Backcountry pilot and decided to use my flitetest build knowledge and start a one-of-a-kind double ender bush plane build. Using two 2200 KV Turnigy Motors as the power plant this thing should be pretty amazing to fly once completed. And powerful to boot just like the real plane. We'll have a flaperon mix and hopefully and fpv platform eventually. If everything works as I expect it to I am keeping dimensions of every step along the way just in case someone else wants to try this build.

Attachments

• 20180101_032524.jpg
    20180101_032524.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 0

quorneng

Master member
Looks interesting. I will follow with interest.
I made a push/pull but rather than flaperons I gave it big 2 section flaps.
FlapDownR.JPG
Originally it had an undercarriage but with the flaps deployed (they are full proportional 0-90) it lands so slowly it belly lands quite happily and on short grass can 'slide' take off as well as with some flap deployed the wing generates adequate lift at zero incidence.

Onewheelskillz

Never Flown R/C
Update. Plane is lacking rudder servo linkage, poster board for nose cone, trim carbon tail struts, install carbon wing brace struts. Rear motor was a dud. New one is on order. Still have to create and install slats with vortex generators on top. Pictures coming soon.