First rc flight ever... FT-3D! Crazy?

Ooops

Hi everyone fromage quebec, canada. Sorry for spelling here, we're french Guy.

I built an ft-3d waited for Shipping then threw it in the air. Watched alot of your video and guy you are amazing.

Didnt went as I expected, but I had alot of fun! Maiden lasted about 5sec. In the air. After 4 props broken I went like 20sec. Up. That thing is soooo sensitive to the sticks! Now I need more props! And hot glue ;)

Might build a new one with crash test dummy decals on it!

By the way... The landing gear didnt lasted more than 2 flight.... Heh.. I mean : crash!

THX guy keep the good work!

Sam. IMG_00000088.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Exponential my friend. You need exponential in your radio to tame the beast. Try 40% expo to start on aileron rudder and elevator. IF your radio doesn't have that option then you are in for a wild ride.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I would put that back on the shelf and build a nutball or ft flyer and get your practice time on that. You could also benifit from a simulator you can run on your computer.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Exponential my friend. You need exponential in your radio to tame the beast. Try 40% expo to start on aileron rudder and elevator. IF your radio doesn't have that option then you are in for a wild ride.

Don't forget the guys did an episode explaining expo!

knife-edge

I like the plane. I would go build a ft versa wing and learn on that. They glide forever and are just a huge wing so tip stalling is impossible.

Reduce your throws and add expo. A well constructed 3d plane can be gentled down to be a well behaved plane for an inexperienced pilot, just reduce aileron throw to 50% or less, so when you throw the stick too far the plane doesn't roll 3 times before you can blink. Similar with elevator, rudder is less of an issue for a new pilot.

Peacock

Yes setting up my radio and servos with a Exponential curve really helped me when i first started. it really helped keep me from over correcting.

Flynn

X2, exactly what happened to me on the Baby Blender. I ditched the old Chinese radio and got myself a DX6i. Local hobby shop had one for 140$