First scrap build: the Funbat (questions)

Carbon

Elemental Madness
I'm using the paper, reinforced with clear packing tape. I sanded them and that works pretty well.

teflyer

Full Circle
Use a Firewall Mount. Basically take a piece of plywood and cut it into a rectangle/ square to fit your fuselage and screw on the motor.

teflyer

Full Circle
You can also sandwich two plywoods together so that there is more surface area to attach the mount to the plane. That way there is more security that the motor will not come off.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
how do you guys think I should put on landing gear?
oh, and is there any information of putting on control rods and horns? I don't really get how to do it..

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
how do you guys think I should put on landing gear?
oh, and is there any information of putting on control rods and horns? I don't really get how to do it..

First you turn on your Tx, and plug your stuff in, create a new model so the trims are on 0 and the servos get centered. You can then mount the servos (not glued, just test-fit) and glue in the horns so that the holes are straight above the hingeline. Then grab piano wire and make a bend like in the Flite Test video, and insert it into the control horn. Put your control surface neutral to the wing and measure the length you need for the control rod. You can use an extra V-bend in the middle to adjust it if you get it wrong. Make the other bend where it should be. Now pull out the servo, install the rods, test it, and fix the servo into the slot.

teflyer

Full Circle
Personally, I would not. Usually the wire used for control rods are much too weak to serve as landing gear. (Ask me how I know :rolleyes:) Use thicker wire, perhaps about two time thicker.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
What foam is the best to use for something like this . Bearing in mind im a totall begginer

Depends where you live. If there is a Dollar Tree store anywhere you, it's hard to beat it for the money.
EPP, Depron, fan fold- whatever you can get your hands on will work.