First scratch build - Bloody Wonder V2

don wood

small.jpg

This is my Grandson holding our almost completed Bloody Wonder. I let him pick out the colored tape!

This is my first scratch build. I have to finish the electronics and attach the fins.

How does one secure the screw attaching the linkage stopper to the servo arm?

Thanks for everything!

Don

shanecfi

There should be a small nut or a hard plastic washer to place on the back side of the linkage stopper. I would not use a linkage stopper if I did not have one of those. If not a "Z" bend works betters IMHO.... Great Pic BTW!

don wood

There is a nut, but when it is tightened. The stopper will not rotate on the servo arm. Or is it supposed to rotate on the servo arm?

Don

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The linkage stopper should rotate freely on the arm -- it's supposed to push-pull the rod, not bend it. if the nut is too loose when the arm can spin freely, a drop of thread-locker on the stopper before you slip the nut on should hold it in place after everything dries. if the thread-locker glues the stopper/nut to the horn, break it free with a twist, then every thing should stay in place and still move freely where it should.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Thanks Don!

It's more a state of mind . . . and makes it easier on the ego when you come home with a car full of airplane parts that were airplanes not a few hours before.

They all have expiration dates -- better to let the plane live out it's life flying than expire sitting on a shelf.