First Simple Scout

mark95171

Here’s my speed build kit simple scout I finished just 20 minutes ago. Thought I’d post a “before” pic to compare to the inevitable damage Saturday will bring. It’s the 3 channel version, but if it survives long enough, I can easily cut out the ailerons and make it 4.

Next time I build a scout I’m not going to paint the wing before sliding it through the fuselage, as the paint didn’t seem to like the rubbing much. Other than that and a burn on my thumb, it was a relatively easy and straightforward build.
1720A0B1-EFEB-49B5-8F4D-E63AE4D73B12.jpeg

bwarz

Master member
Nice looking Scout and good luck on Saturday! The simple scout was mine and my son's first FT build. I think it might have seen a total of 4 minutes air time in probably 30 attempts - but it was a blast learning how not to be upset. We kept hearing Josh say "You will crash" LOL. Seven planes later, we still can't fly very well, but we love it even more!!! Hoping for a father-son dual build this weekend - we'll see how the time plays out.

moke

Here’s my speed build kit simple scout I finished just 20 minutes ago. Thought I’d post a “before” pic to compare to the inevitable damage Saturday will bring. It’s the 3 channel version, but if it survives long enough, I can easily cut out the ailerons and make it 4.

Next time I build a scout I’m not going to paint the wing before sliding it through the fuselage, as the paint didn’t seem to like the rubbing much. Other than that and a burn on my thumb, it was a relatively easy and straightforward build. View attachment 158785

messyhead

Looks great. Let us know how it flies.

This is the next one I plan to build. I might go and get the plans printed off today.