First Time Soldering Motor and Battery Connectors

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yes, plug 'em in all the way BUT, what I do on a lot of them is squish the bullets a little bit together with a small pair of needle nose. If you get them too loose, just stick something in there to spread them back out again. They vary quite a bit from connector to connector how tight they are. I've probably had to squish about half of mine together to make them easy enough to pull apart. You can kind of "tune" how tight they are using this method. You don't want them to loose, you want to keep a reliable connection not to mention you wouldn't want it to come apart in flight.

Thanks, that helped a little. I think it's because the original XT-60's are such a perfect fit that they create a suction cup like effect...

But my connector won't open in flight.

tramsgar

Wouldn't this video also work for an XT60?

No holes like that in the XT60. I've never found them hard to separate, though. EC3 are harder (which is better imho) to pull apart. I usually grip them with one hand angled 90 degrees to the other so the fingers can overlap and get a better grip, and wiggle. Thumb and knuckle.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Hey guys I just placed my first order for electronics and noticed that the esc did not have any connection for the battery. so i ordered a pack of t connectors. Does it matter what plug the red and black go to? I'm going to have to change the battery connectors as well. This is the batteries i ordered.
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/images/images_med/GB-6003S-30C-840x669.jpg
did I order the right batteries for running them on foamies?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
They are soldered like so: The + wire goes to the thick side of the connector, the -side goes to the thin side.
photo5.jpg

Last edited: