Fixing a Boscam TS832 video transmitter

royce.meredith

Hey guys, so a while back I killed a TS832 vTx by ripping off the SMA connector off in a crash. I replaced the vTx with a much older one, and today that vTx also died and I decided to tear into the TS832 to see if it could be fixed. I had noticed when I first killed it that the solder pad had been ripped off when the SMA connector was amputated.

IMG_22.jpg

I scoured google for a schematic so I could find where that center pin connects on the RF section of the vTx. But I had no luck. I then looked at an LT200 super cheap vTx that I had taken apart and it looked surprisingly similar to the ts832.

IMG_1.jpg

On this vTx I found a very similar RF section with obviously different chips and a slightly different layout, but I got to thinking that maybe the wiring output would be the same for the SMA connectors. I really didn't have anything to lose so I tried it.

IMG_3.jpg

To my surprise this worked PERFECTLY! So great news, if you have a TS832 or similar vTx that has an sma solder pad ripped from the pcb you 'might' be able to get it back up and running. Good luck!

Liam B

You should be fine soldering to the diode to the right of the exposed copper. Definitely use plenty of glue to hold it after.

Cyberdroneist

Can you please specify it once again using picture? And what is the resistance between the signal and ground of antena showing on your vtx because the both terminals of diode are shorted. Please reply
IMG20220303185540.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20220303185529.jpg
    IMG20220303185529.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 16463143419348212653988905053335.jpg
    16463143419348212653988905053335.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Liam B

Can you please specify it once again using picture? And what is the resistance between the signal and ground of antena showing on your vtx because the both terminals of diode are shorted. Please reply View attachment 220754

I have no idea what the Ω could be but there is a good chance just soldering the hot end of the pigtail to the left-pointing side of the resistor will make for a connection.

mrvu91

Hey guys, so a while back I killed a TS832 vTx by ripping off the SMA connector off in a crash. I replaced the vTx with a much older one, and today that vTx also died and I decided to tear into the TS832 to see if it could be fixed. I had noticed when I first killed it that the solder pad had been ripped off when the SMA connector was amputated.

View attachment 58225

I scoured google for a schematic so I could find where that center pin connects on the RF section of the vTx. But I had no luck. I then looked at an LT200 super cheap vTx that I had taken apart and it looked surprisingly similar to the ts832.

View attachment 58226

Trên vTx này, tôi tìm thấy một phần RF rất giống nhau với các chip rõ ràng khác nhau và cách bố trí hơi khác, nhưng tôi nghĩ rằng có thể đầu ra dây sẽ giống nhau đối với các đầu nối SMA. Tôi thực sự không có gì để mất nên tôi đã thử nó.

View attachment 58228

Tôi tự nhiên là điều này hoạt động HOÀN HẢO! Vì vậy, một sự tuyệt vời tin cậy, bạn có TS832 hoặc tương tự vTx, nếu hàn sma bị tách khỏi pcb, bạn có thể khôi phục nó và chạy. Chúc các bạn thành công! [/ TRÍCH DẪN]

my vtx ts832 does not power up, can you help me? contact me mrvu1191@gmail.com. thank you.

mrvu91

View attachment 58225

View attachment 58226

On this vTx I found a very similar RF section with obviously different chips and a slightly different layout, but I got to thinking that maybe the wiring output would be the same for the SMA connectors. I really didn't have anything to lose so I tried it.

View attachment 58228

To my surprise this worked PERFECTLY! So great news, if you have a TS832 or similar vTx that has an sma solder pad ripped from the pcb you 'might' be able to get it back up and running. Good luck!

My ts832 just flashes and then turns off. can you help me turn it back on? you can contact me mrvu1191@gmail.com
06C844FA-1AA4-43AB-B24A-E8F7C1938954.jpeg
06C844FA-1AA4-43AB-B24A-E8F7C1938954.jpeg