Flame Out!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
No flame outs today- hope it's not too far off topic. I thought teach would get a kick out of three SkyAngel t45s in the air at the same time. No mid-airs by some small miracle

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Andre- You need to find some friends to fly with!
You'd be surprised how easy it is to hit another plane.
Mid-airs are all to common- even at big events with spotters watching out :)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I think they are all using the stock motor. The fans may be upgraded. I'll see if I can find the link for the upgraded fans.
Not sure if they are running these at 3s or 4s (3s 1300mah, 4s 1000mah). Awesome little plane for the money. Right now banana has the airframe only for 45.90. BTW- Airframe only they come with the fan and the motor!
http://www.bananahobby.com/2122.html

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Thanks for the link. I'm impressed that the stock motor is handling 4s! The ESC is meant to as well, but given 15-16A are already being traded on 3s I don't think it'd last long... I'm tempted to get one of the units that I linked earlier. It'd need a 35-40A ESC, but there's gobs of power from the 5800kv motor (and an 8 blade fan!)...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Has anyone's Sky Angel jet come with a battery? I came across a review somewhere that said a battery was included. I didn't get one, but then I got mine for quite a bit less than the HK listed price.

earthsciteach

Mine did, but I ordered it from Banana Hobby. I don't even use the stock 850 mah, 11.1 V battery. She flies great on a 1300 mah, 11.1V with a bit more C rating.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
If one had have come with my plane I'd be using it for powering my FPV gear. And perhaps my flying wing. It's still always nice to get a freebie... I'm impressed with a Hobby Lobby plane I bought for my father-in-law. It came with a great 1600 3s which does the job very well and is compact. Mind you the plane wasn't $60...