FLAMING Plane.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
Hy FliteTest,
I was wandering if you guys could do a project were by you some how keep a plane on fire while flying. I thought maybe you could:
-Put some sort of flammable tape on the Trailing edge of a plane. The tape just needs to prevent the actual plane from catching on fire but must still burn for a reasonable amount of time.
-Maybe if you put the same sort of material that they use on torches, on the plane.

I have no idea how one would do this but it would be rather cool and interesting.

Request from
Shaun.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Put a copper pipe with holes in it along the wing and attach it to a blow torch! You could even make a Rubens' tube..

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I've never heard of the place until he came here. Can't say I know anything about it.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
South Africa meaning the southern end of the continent of Africa to USA residents. Who worse? I guess it depends on perspective, rumors and actual facts known or unknown.

Thurmond

jelofson

I think fire on a plane would be crazy hard. The fire creates so much turbulence, not to mention the old heat rising thing.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I think most of us "FEAR" fire and planes together. They usually don't mix well. ;)

Thurmond
I don't know. I fly with a wacky bunch of guys.
Nobody appreciates a good crash like the UFOs.
If there's fire involved even better.
If it's on video, ding ding ding, winner.

A friend of mine caught his big biplane on fire mid flight last year.
Brought it back down in one piece, it was awesome :)
I might be able to find the video...

jelofson

Nice! Now that I noticed your avatar, it all makes sense ;)
That video of the biplane would be great to see. Glad he was able to bring it down safely.

One thing I have always wanted to do is fire a small Estes rocket from a plane like a missle. I am sure it would be dangerous, some how, but still...

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I don't know. I fly with a wacky bunch of guys.
Nobody appreciates a good crash like the UFOs.
If there's fire involved even better.
If it's on video, ding ding ding, winner.

A friend of mine caught his big biplane on fire mid flight last year.
Brought it back down in one piece, it was awesome :)
I might be able to find the video...

Let me rephrase. Most of us fear OUR plane and fire mixed. I enjoy watching OPPOF as much as the next guy. Particularly high dollar model turbine Jet crashes.

SkySlayer if you film it we will watch!

Thurmond