flat spin gone wrong!!

xxtristonxx

master flier
Well what can i say, i love pushing my planes to the limit wether its a 3d flier or an old school tri-plane. I just cant stop testing my skill till i end crashing hard, and usually thats not even enough to stop me lol. So any tips on how to get out of flat spin? crash.jpeg

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Rule one: need enough altitude! Nothing ruins a flat spin like being interrupted by the ground!

Power to neutral, ailerons to neutral which should let the plane return to a "normal" spin, then recover with opposite rudder and relaxing back pressure on the elevator.

xxtristonxx

master flier
i usually hit a flat spin while turning a little to sharp and it just drops into a spin and sense i like to fly low it always ends bad

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Low spins will almost always end badly since you do need to use up altitude to regain control. If you have enough power, I have seen people throttle out, but not many...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That might help, but it will also increase the weight, which brings up the wing-loading, which can make stalls worse. High wing loading is why most warbirds fly the way they do. Great at high speed, not so great at low speed. So if you want to go low and slow, you might want to figure out how to either make it lighter, or go to a larger airframe with the same equipment on board so it reduces the wing loading.

xxtristonxx

master flier
true but i could use the weight, it flies tail heavy and no matter what i do i cant get it to level out. i checked my cg and added like 28 ounces to the front and velcroed my battery to the front as well