Andres_r35

Hello,
I am building a quadcopter drone that will at max go around 1.5 miles away from a target. I am planning to use an Omnibus f4 pro and Beitian BN-880 GPS. I am barely starting out so any help would be awesome. I am planning to have an autonomous Waypoint feature to the target. I was wondering what GPS modules and Flight Controllers might be better than what I picked, or even if these are good enough. In this drone, I am planning to use a Frsky R9 receiver and up to 3 or 4 servos. I was looking into ArduPilot but it was confusing to me what would plug in where. I will not be using any FPV. I have never programmed a drone before but I was assuming I would use Inav to program it. So features I am looking for in the FC: waypoint autonomous with the GPS and Barometer(built-in the FC?), servo use, but simple as can it be. Anyone know any good Flight Controllers and GPS to use? I found that same GPS on Inav suggestions, but I want to see what everyone has to say.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The FC and GPS unit you chose will work well. As for your autonomous functions, that is built into iNav. I haven't played with the waypoint features, but I know it's in there. There should be tutorials on YouTube to help you get set up.

Reactions: FDS