Flight controller "data" cable. How to tell the difference

Captain Video

How do you tell the difference between a data vs non data cable to connect you flight controller to your computer. I have several cables I need to either toss or keep although i am not against going to purchase a new micro usb cable.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
How do you tell the difference between a data vs non data cable to connect you flight controller to your computer. I have several cables I need to either toss or keep although i am not against going to purchase a new micro usb cable.
If you have a smartphone that's got the right connector then connect it to your PC....data cable you get 'bing-bong' from windows as it sees the smartphone. Power only cable - no sound.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
16341F57-CF80-4352-B46B-4A481215310F.jpeg

This is a Sync and Charge cable. A lightning bolt symbol is a charge only cable.

Captain Video

Thanks for the information. Caroline, my iPhone won't work for that but my android tablet might. Teajr66, I did not know about the logo. I will check your suggestions out and report back.

Captain Video

Good Morning:
I took everyone's advice and was able to determine which cable to successfully communicate with my Spektrum flight board. Unfortunately, I don't know which port in which my Spektrum receiver is patched. Xmitter is bound to my DX6e but I get no response from the board when I move the stix. Any thoughts?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
my laptop talks to the FC and the DX6e binds to the RX but the RX does not talk to the FC. Suggestions

Are you using Betaflight on the FC? If so. you might have to go in and select the Spektrum settings, which I THINK are TAER1234, or are labeled as being for Spektrum receivers. Unfortunately, I'm at work and don't have it in front of me to confirm, so I'm not 100% certain on the interface. It's one of these "I can see the screen in my head, but don't remember the exact settings" things. LOL

Captain Video

I have tried Raceflight and another which I do not recall. Both had the same results posted above. sprzout, any input you might have would be awesome.
Thanks

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds like you dont have the proper uart assigned yet.

Go thru and assign uart 2 to serial. Save and reboot. THEN go to config page and select seial reciever and what ever protocol you brand receiver uses.

Then look at receiver tab and see if there is communication.

If not start over un assign uarts and set uart 3 and so on until you find what port you are on.

As Sean says if you tell us what fc and receiver and links to where you got them help can be more specific.

Reactions: FDS

Captain Video

Gentlemen,
I have a Spektrum SPMFCF400 by Horizon Hobby and a Spektrum SPM4648. I purchased both from Readymade RC. Any help would be great