Solved flight controller spectrum compatible

Brianna81

I would say that you're looking at it wrong, based on my noob experience. It's labeled as "flight controller" so you might think it would be a receiver for your transmitter. But it looks more like it's actually for controlling FPV cameras, which wouldn't have anything to do with your Spektrum controller itself?

**edit** Are you also building one of the associated quads it mentions in the list?

Gold Max

So what does it mean by built in frysky rx

What is one of the associated quads

This is just an experiment if it works on my striker toy drone that broke if it doesn't I hope to build a tiny whoop

Brianna81

Brianna81

You missed the part where I mentioned that it needed to be an Adruino controlled drone, or one of the drones mentioned as compatible. You basically just restated your original post but included links to your receiver for your DXE and the toy drone. I seriously doubt a $60 toy drone is going to be Arduino controlled at that price point, considering an arduino board itself and programming it for drone usage would likely be much higher than that entire drone. You might stick with kits that are already designed for toy style drones for FPV until you get a better understanding of the technology. But, someone could correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Just to give you an idea of what I found - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/smart-9...op3X6aS3DDE22MgwSDBoCJeQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

That mini drone seems to have it's own version of the board you're looking at built into it. But if you read the specs, it's not running anywhere near the same tech as your toy drone would. Though for the price of your drone, you likely could have gotten this one and not needed to worry about modding it for things it's not compatible with.

Brianna81

Ok thanks for your help then I'll probably get a premade tiny whoop or make a gremlin
Read my edit as well, I was able to find that fairly inexpensive drone (if you don't add in the cost of a transmitter, FPV googles, etc) with just a quick google search of "frsky protocol". Good luck though!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor

That FC and Rx combo will work together with your DXe, but not with that drone. You are better off buying or building a whoop for indoors, or a gremlin if you are more interested in outdoors flying.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I would say that you're looking at it wrong, based on my noob experience. It's labeled as "flight controller" so you might think it would be a receiver for your transmitter. But it looks more like it's actually for controlling FPV cameras, which wouldn't have anything to do with your Spektrum controller itself?

You missed the part where I mentioned that it needed to be an Adruino controlled drone, or one of the drones mentioned as compatible. You basically just restated your original post but included links to your receiver for your DXE and the toy drone. I seriously doubt a $60 toy drone is going to be Arduino controlled at that price point, considering an arduino board itself and programming it for drone usage would likely be much higher than that entire drone. You might stick with kits that are already designed for toy style drones for FPV until you get a better understanding of the technology. But, someone could correct me if I'm wrong on that.

The flight controllers he linked are just that - flight controllers. They run Betaflight firmware on STM32F411 microcontrollers. The first one he linked has an integrated FrSky receiver, the second has no receiver. I'm not one to dicourage participation here, but if you are going to give advice you should do a little more research yourself.