Flight Fest 2014 - What to bring, what to bring?

Mytchak

KG5CZA
G'day everyone. I'm flying in for FF14 and renting an RV for the event. I'm now finding this somewhat challenging as to what to bring and how. So I thought it would be a good idea to start a discussion and share what works and what does not work as to going to one of these events (my first).

I was thinking about shipping some of my planes a week or two before the event. I asked the fine folks at NeffBro's RV Rentals if I could and they would hold the package/s for me. Have you guys shipped planes before? If so, do you recommend any carriers? I fear UPS would have a field day with my planes. Also - lipos - are they okay to bring on a plane or should I ship them also (all of them would be balanced and in storage voltage). I'm leaning towards shipping but wanted to ask. Here's my laundry list of items that I think I may need but wanted to get your opinions.

Weller Soldering station (thinking either I will need it at some point or someone would)
2.5 Meter Sailplane
2 Meter HLD
Tri-copter
Flying wing
Radio gear
Spare receivers, etc.
4 port charger
Power Supply
Batteries
Ample amount of Tape and foam safe CA
Toolkit (hex, torx, phillips, flatheads, etc)

If you have any suggestions of some must haves or even 'niceties', please advise and many thanks!

-David

Gryf

Looks like a good list. One of my questions concerns the promised charging station; will I need to bring a DC adapter for my charger? Or will I be able to plug it into AC?

Gryf

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Since im driving in im planning on bringing a lot more. I'm in the process of buying my supplies for the builds I will be doing at flitefest. But other then that stuff I will be bringing are mostly what you posted. Only thing extra I will bring is my own supply of hot glue and the gun, CA and kicker, solder and all my stuff to make connections and solder in general. Of course extreme packing tape, regular packing tape and some duck tape. That's mostly it for my extra rc stuff. The rest will be my cooler, tent, generator(maybe), lawn chairs, and a few other odd and ends. I'm driving up with earthsciteach so we are building our list for our trip.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
You can also use Fedex "Hold for Pickup" to ship something and pick it up later.

Mytchak

KG5CZA
Looks like a good list. One of my questions concerns the promised charging station; will I need to bring a DC adapter for my charger? Or will I be able to plug it into AC?

Gryf

It's a good question. I rented an RV and plan on letting people use the AC or 12 volt supply from the generator in the event the FF stations are swamped. I would suggest bringing equipment to charge off of DC and/or AC just to be safe.