Flight Fest 2023 dates?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have suggestions for (out of Towners) for camping or an Affordable hotel nearby for Flight Fest 2023?
I have stayed at Palmantiers Motel, it’s a mom and pop motel, just a few miles from FF, about half way between FF and Edgewater. It looks like it was built in the 20’s or 30’s, very well maintained. It’s a great place, I highly recommend it.

Last year I camped at FF, it was a great time, planning to camp again this year.

Last edited:

Foamforce

When registration opens up, do the camp sites sell out quickly or are there plenty? In other words, should I sit on the website at midnite refreshing like an eBay bid sniper? Thanks!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... do the camp sites sell out quickly or are there plenty?...
There are plenty of camping sites, no need to eBay snipe.
The camp sites are all primitive, no water or electricity. The camp site is a hay field. They do have showers, porta potties and sell ice for a cooler.

Last edited:

Foamforce

There are plenty of camping sites, no need to eBay snipe.
The camp sites are all primitive, no water or electricity. The camp site is a hay field. They do have showers, porta potties and sell ice for a cooler.

Showers, fabulous! Are there any food vendors on site?

Foamforce

I registered an hour ago. It went smoothly. Can’t wait! Now I have six months to figure out how to fit camping gear, two kids, build supplies, and every plane I own into a midsize car for a nine hour drive. 😀

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Now I have six months to figure out how to fit camping gear, two kids, build supplies, and every plane I own into a midsize car for a nine hour drive. 😀
Rember the FF moto: Bring the people you love and the planes you don't.

Cause, it's doubtful you will bring all of the planes home. We have a thing called combat, full fledged plane carnage. Lots of planes get planted, unfortunately none of them grow.

Last edited:

Yankee2003

I registered an hour ago. It went smoothly. Can’t wait! Now I have six months to figure out how to fit camping gear, two kids, build supplies, and every plane I own into a midsize car for a nine hour drive. 😀
You’re not alone.