Flight Fest East Questions

Xspense

Hello everyone,
So I'm going to Flight Fest East this year, and it'll be my first time attending. My family and I will be taking an RV and all our planes and quads. However, I have some questions... (I know this is broad) What should we bring? Like is there anything that you guys can think of of what we should bring that we may not think of unless we were there before? Along with that, is there charging stations of should we bring our own gen orator to charge packs? If anyone else has Qeustions about FFE feel free to post them here!

Safe flying out there,
Sam

Liam B

Hello everyone,
So I'm going to Flight Fest East this year, and it'll be my first time attending. My family and I will be taking an RV and all our planes and quads. However, I have some questions... (I know this is broad) What should we bring? Like is there anything that you guys can think of of what we should bring that we may not think of unless we were there before? Along with that, is there charging stations of should we bring our own gen orator to charge packs? If anyone else has Qeustions about FFE feel free to post them here!

Safe flying out there,
Sam

There are charging stations, but I would bring a charger if your able to. Otherwise, I don’t think there’s anything besides obvious stuff such as tools and planes.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I would bring a charger for batteries for sure. Generally the charging stations you can get one battery charged at a time.

Anything for comfort is always good. Other than that, just an openness for a great time! I am sure you and your family will have a great time.

Mike Finley

rcbif

Bring some good food and drinks to share with your neighbors ;)

Defiantly bring your generator and all your tools. The build tent can get crowded and it can be nice to retreat to a quiet place to build/ repair.

Also plan for the elements...

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
You may not need all of these, but all of these are things that suck not to have if you need them. These are all in my kit bag whenever I go into the high country. I suspect this list will do well anywhere. Obviously this list does not include tape, hot glue for building.

These are the sundries that make travel good when things go wrong.

Sunscreen.

Potable water.

Hat and spare hat.

Sunglasses.

High protein ready to eat snack food that won't melt or spoil in heat such as beef jerky.

TP.

First aid kit including Excedrin and Imodium AD.

Flashlight with spare batteries.

Tums.

Wool blanket.

Insect repellent with DEET.

Fire extinguisher.

Entrenching tool.

Cigarette lighter.

Sewing kit.

Rain coat or poncho.

Spare socks.

Cash.

Regards, -Inspector Gadget. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Especially don't forget the bottled water, sunscreen, insect repellent, and rain gear. Thanks to Bill's Law, the weather is likely to be one extreme or the other :)

As far as plane stuff goes, there are so many people around to help out you really don't need to stress about forgetting a connector or something. The charging station where you can drop your battery off like a coat check works great, so even having your own charging equipment isn't a huge deal. And there are plenty of vendors to support that have everything there from components to bind-and-fly rigs - and if you happen to fry a transmitter they have those in stock too. :)

bitogre

Especially don't forget the bottled water, sunscreen, insect repellent, and rain gear. Thanks to Bill's Law, the weather is likely to be one extreme or the other :)

If we extend Bill's Law to the extreme, it can be both extremes for the same event: Raining cats and dogs on one day then hot enough to make all the water on the ground evaporate and raise the humidity very high on the next day. If the rumor of a FliteFest South in Florida are true, that weather can (and often does, though not often in November) do both in the same day.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If we extend Bill's Law to the extreme, it can be both extremes for the same event: Raining cats and dogs on one day then hot enough to make all the water on the ground evaporate and raise the humidity very high on the next day. If the rumor of a FliteFest South in Florida are true, that weather can (and often does, though not often in November) do both in the same day.

Yes, that does describe the weather last year. Hot and dusty, with two evening thunderstorms with torrential rain. All we were missing was some snow!

earthsciteach

Last year was pretty brutal. I did not drink enough water and was really feeling it by the end of the event. Do drink plenty of water!

Bring your standard repair kit, hot glue gun and glue (FT will have some there for use, but its always good to have your own), soldering iron, solder, spare motors, spare servos (unless you want to buy them if you need them), tape and plenty of it, spare battery connectors, lots of props (unless you want to buy them onsite).

Bring extra footwear. Nothing is worse than walking around in wet shoes. Sunblock is a must. Be prepared to ride out a strong thunderstorm or two. If you or a family member is afraid of lightning, be aware that it is likely a powerful storm will come through at least one evening.

Other than that, bring what makes you comfortable. It is a fantastic experience! Make friends with your neighbors. Come find us at Camp Motif Tony Homies and hang out. (There is no clever explanation for that name, it comes from an epic spell correct fail.) You will not find a gathering of nicer people anywhere!